Baby Clasher

I got banned!
ISP
Excitel
Vi
Airtel
Jio
BSNL
Hello guys, I have created this thread to increase the knowledge of everyone. Alright so post some images/screenshots & ask which ISP it is. It could be indian or International doesn't matter. Let's put our heads together to find out + It'll give us a better idea of how other ISP's are doing & how their plans are.

I'll start first 😁 -

Source

Before the ISP name or something... Can we imagine getting 650 Mbps in Just 21k per month? (It's even lesser than that 😁)

Nope 😁
They only offer 500 Mbps plan in this segment with 24600₹ per year 😁

Hint - *ISP is not limited to/from India

Got it right 😁
Probably with google search keyword indexing 😁

But man just look at it... If we convert that to INR we get ₹13.3k per year with 650 Mbps speed (excluding taxes). How lucky are those people 😭
I need that speed & price in my life 😭

I hope excitel will soon create a plan like this 😁

Agreed. But you cannot compare Apple to oranges as nepal is a small country and investment on ISP is lot lower than what is required in India Plus you need to take the whole ease of living here in India , when you are living in a locality you are paying for whole lot of other things than just the internet infrastructure.

Taking all the things into account I think it is a lot cheaper here in India given that it is a huge country and pulling off an ISP here is challenging.
you are welcome to differ with me.

Absolutely right. I agree with you. But I've heard these guys give connectivity to the villages & valleys situated at top of mountains & I guess it's very hard to pull fiber over there + like till last year their max plan speeds were 100 Mbps & now it's 1 Gig & I guess it required a lot of infrastructure. Also something to note is that their internet exchange takes backbone connectivity through Tata, Airtel & BSNL. As I remember it was written that for 20 Gbps link they needed to pay Millions or whatever... But I guess we can't compare both India & Nepal. But It's great to see such progression made to our neighbouring country. It'll definitely help both of us. Recently I tested their VPN server & It was awesome. Although the routing was a bit screwed but still the speeds were good. Also it's a really price sensitive market like India. In a nutshell I personally feel development in any way with user Benifit (in budget) is the best thing. Doesn't matter what debates we make. I've also seen their ISP's mentioning guaranteed 2 hour resolution else free 2 days internet. I think that's awesome 😁
Alright let me know your take. I love both countries & I guess we all should be excited for our future & good relationship with it. Maybe it has gone a bit offtopic but yeah... Anyways let's continue this thread 😁

It is indeed awesome. That being said let me introduce with a different set of thoughts.

Let's take jio for example: when it was launched it was VoLTE Plus IPv6 ready. So it was in a better position to offer it's services cheap.
The key take away from jio is that it is cheaper to plan ahead of time than to upgrade legacy hardware which was the case with author operators and they were playing catch up with jio
now apply this in macroscopic level with a country like India which has most of the infrastructure with non fibre medium to the end user while the core was always fibre from long time ( which you have pointed out when you said that they're being being powered by Indian transit providers in the backend)

But here comes the challenge to upgrade the existing infrastructure to the end user to fibre because nepal being young to the web is directly going with fiber and that is why they are able to connect villages with high speed internet and jump from 100 Mbps to 1 Gbps is not that difficult on fiber infrastructure, all you have to do is some upgrades to the backend while much of the setup to the end user remains the same with FTTH

plus please consider the fact that it is still the advertised speeds and ought to be different in real world usage ,

you can compare the quality of a AIRTEL connection with an exitel one as a example. Airtel will be some what superior service due to their uniformity on a Pan India basis; exitel is a hit or miss depending on the LCO

Plus I am sure BSNL FTTH has its services in some of the harshest of the the geographical locations in remotest parts of India

Coming to IPv6 penetration , I am sure jio and Airtel combined are serving more customers on wired connections then than the whole population of Nepal already.

Like I said nepal has the late movers' advantage in Internet

Just one thing bro... How airtel went down in last 2 months like twice affecting a lot of users? Probably excitel is too small to go down at that level. Even though Jio also went down it is really not justifying comparing excitel with Airtel. Because I have Excitel since 3 years in my home & it never went down except fiber cut. So I guess the airtel vs excitel thing might be wrong here (or it's just me... Lucky to have good excitel services).

Source

I've been doing extensive research today & the points you've mentioned are right as well as not as we were expecting. These ISP's need to pay 48% taxes & 13% additional tax levied from users as VAT directly. Also there are import duties & all that stuff like even tax on importing bandwidth. They import around 1.05 Gbps from India (Old data might have increased now) . Check the picture for taxes & i will also link this article -
Why is the Internet So Costly in Nepal? The Short Answer is "Exorbitant Taxes!"

Damn 7-9k per KM for just Pole rental per month... It's ridiculous.

Even after so many things if they are making such progression then that's impressive. Even i thought everything was cheap there from labour to equipment. I am shocked after seeing all this. But I'm really happy to see even after all these heavy taxes the prices are way lower than here + services are also good (I've talked to few of my YouTube friends living in nepal). They said the uptime promise is true & the only thing that happened in first lockdown was that internet speed got reduced to 70-80 Mbps for 100 Mbps plan in 2020. But after then from 2021 end they got speeds up to 1Gbps & ISP's have upgraded their infra they never see speed issues. All great. Hope this helps.

Just one thing bro... How airtel went down in last 2 months like twice affecting a lot of users?
Okay it is probably the first time since the inception of Airtel that it has went down in this scale while it is worth noting here that Airtel was down for about an hour compared to ~ 8 hours in jio which was reportedly because of non-payment of dues to electricity operator in the state of Maharashtra ( in jio's case)

coming to Airtel's downtime, i think this all can be attributed to recent ambitions of expansion on LCO mode and lack of coordination between LCO and Airtel and poor implementation on Airtel's part that is leading to the choking of network leading to the shutdown but i will still give them time to get their act together in this space as it is new for them

And remember Airtel and Tata are not just your average ISPs but leading transit providers in the country to the point where no one ( not even jio) comes close to them

So be rest assured that if Airtel goes down, some exitel users would also be facing downtime

Coming to taxes, I'd like to point out that taxes are the very thing that has been saving us from going the srilankan way. TAXES= lifeline of the economy