internet to 2 PCs using one connection

• Thread starter Thread starter gagandce
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 3,522

gagandce

ISP
Airtel - 699
Hithis is my first post in this forum .i am having 128 kbps unlimited plan and having Beetel 220Bx modem.i want to connect two PCs using this single Airtel connection independently ie. both can acces internet without something like internet sharing etc.Could anybody help with the least amount of money spent on hardware . Thanks

Does this modem have a LAN port?

Then cheapest option is to buy a Hub/Switch [should cost less then 1k]. And connect modem and PC and laptop to ports in hub. Enable DHCP on modem and you should be all set.

other method - as it has both USB and lan - set the modem in PPOEA mode, connect one to USB and other to LAN - you're done... no extra things required...

Hiahish, could you please tell me the exact way how do i set the modem in pppoa mode .i tried doing in , but it didnt show an option in the internet explorer to do so.i tried telnet to the router , i could configure it , but it added a new row in the WAN setup and didnt edit that only.thanks in advance .

yep, connnect 2 PCs to 2 different ports on ur router. My router has 4 LAN ports. I connect 2 PCs and can browse on both simultaneously and independently. It also helps to transfer files from PC to another using simple "network Neighbourhood"

hey bogr8 could you xplain this network neighbourhood how to do this?? I wanna share data between my both pc. 🙂

u can use one using ethernet and other using usb ,i have tried this and it was working.