• Thread starter Thread starter eludic
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 3,172

eludic

ISP
MTNL
Hi,
Just recently I got the MTNL Triband connection. Overall the connection has been very stable just that sometimes internet would stop working abruptly. The only way I can fix the issue is by disconnecting the internet connection from the router admin panel and then re-connect it. The DSL connection status always shows its connected. I am using Linksys WAG200G wireless router for my connection. From where can I start tracing the issue?

Edit: Just to add the router is set to keep the connection alive at all time.

Any help provided would be appreciated. Thank You in advance.

Possible the "SITES NOT OPENING RANDOMLY ISSUE",Check out the ongoing thread in this MTNL forumJust a few sites go offline or does everything including torrents,messenger etc go blank???

Thanks for the reply. Yes everything goes blank. None of the sites open. DSL connection with MTNL stays active but internet connection goes blank.

do u mean to say that from 192.168.1.1 it shows connection active but still u are not able to connect to any of the site then it is surely some problem withserver. 4 that u have to contact mtnl guys.there is no other way out.one more thing do u a have a single connection or a fused line???

i noticed same problem 2 times in last 3 days. internet stops working completely. but ADSL doesnt go down.LCP_ECHO from my machine doesnt get LCP_REPLY from server. but my machine still received LCP_ECHO from server.i receive yahoo messenger msgs from friends, but friends dont receive my msg.which means, packets from my machine dont go outside but packets from outside reach my machine.i disconnect and reconnect and things start working. looks like new problem is arising.

this problem has been happening for quite some time with me :wall: :wall:the connxn wud just die up (the ADSL light remains on). websites wont open up, downloads/torrents wud stop.A disconnect helps- but not always; modem-reboot helps-but not always.Net starts working after a PC reboot tho.in the past, i found out that it was the tel wire that was gettin short someplace and causing these probs; but i have just changed my wire (on my own expense!) ; so it shudn b the prob this time arnd..I have just given up now. F**K EVERYTHING.P.S: Faced some major net probs yday; was able to dial the connxn easily but none of the sites wud open up!Everyday new issues start coming up; MTNL wud surely make a techie out of everyone..

ur problem looks to be same as me but its not same.

I can log onto messengers but for upto 15 mins or more absolutely no page loads and surfing is impossible.Can't be DNS coz I tryt MTNL DNS,Treewalk and Opendns and they all fail

for me sometimes it takes 2-3 mins after login that internet starts working..but once it works no problem after that. sometimes internet starts working immediately.

My case exactlyInfact after a page loads on Opera,that means i can then start using Firefoxcant ping any outside IP while the issue happens,but how the hell does skype work????????

Thank You for all the replies. It is quite wierd that just the net goes down while ADSL connection is always connected. I am using a Linksys WAG200G wireless router where the internet light too stays green but the net would not work. All I then need to do is log into the Admin panel, disconnect the internet and re-connect it. Then is starts working again. I thought it about could be due the fused line which I am using but the issue persist even on a direct line. I tried calling 1504 and as soon as you select "3" for tech support the system suggest it cannot process my call at the moment (I have tried it numerous times, all in vain). Hopefully they fix this issue soon!

Today I received a call from MTNL to check if my connection was working. MTNL guys came to install the connection but could not get the connection working. I had to set it myself. It turned out that they had got my username incorrect. Anyhow they came in to check if the connection was done. I told him its working but explained him this problem. He outright refused that such an issue can exist eventually blaming on the parallel line. If the issue were with the parallel line shouldn't the ADSL connection too get disconnected 🙄

Just to add, the issue seemed to be with the Linksys router. I got the latest firmware from Linksys Support and it seems to have fixed the issue. My nets on for the last 2 days without any disconnection.