MTNL Mumbai Internet Problem! would love some help

• Thread starter Thread starter revoke
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 1,260
ISP
Mtnl
Hey guys, Im pretty new around here but I was really hoping someone would be able to help me with a problem I'm having.
I've tried everything and am about to give up.
So I have a broadband connection(2mb), and phoneline through mtnl. A wire comes out from the wall,
then goes into a splitter, from where one end goes to the telephone and the other into the modem provided
by the company. Then the modem is connected by wire to my wireless router, from which our two household laptops connect to. Now for many months I've been having this problem and it seems to have gotten worse recently.
The internet just keeps stop starting. Sometimes it starts back up instantly and sometimes it takes a couple of hours. But the weird part
is that if the internet is not working and I use the phoneline to make a call to any number, the internet
starts working again for about 5-10 mins before dying again. wtf?

Now since about 2 weeks ago the phone line has been crackly/humming and the interent has got worse, so they said its some wiring problem and it will cost around 700 bucks to change. Im worried that its not a proper solution.y help would be much appreciated! Thanks for reading this >.< and wishing you a happy new year!!!!!

Line stats please

Do not give them a single penny. In case your line is actually deteriorated to a point where it cannot get repaired(i.e. cracks, too many joints) then purchase your own from the market.

But post your line stats first.

So they came to fix the line and the crackly sound is gone but the internet still stopped, until I made a phonecall from the landline then it started to work again >.<

Please forgive me but how do I get the line stats? I searched it and I think you had mentioned x720 to open 192.168.1.1 in a browser, I did that but i dont know the password and it dosen't seem to be letting me in 🙁

Username should be admin

Password can be password or admin
Hey bro thanks for the reply I tried all variations of password and admin its not opening 😛

Mtnl must've changed it remotely. If you know how to set it up again, reset the modem. That'll set it to default user pass values.

On peroblem could be in the splitter, as calling from the landline seems to "activate" it. Try bypassing yor splitter (this means you won't be able to use your landline) for 6+ hours. Also, check if your neighbours (who have MTNL) have similar line stats, once you are able to access the modem page.