Internet not working - DNS error

ISP
Airtel
I have an Airtel 3G postpaid internet connection that I use on my laptop. Since the past two days, I am unable to surf any websites. However, I can do so when I enter IP addresses of these websites. This, coupled with the timing of the issue (since 10th July) seemed like a dead giveaway that my laptop was affected by the dnschanger virus. So I tried all the suggested measures to remove the virus- ran fixes provided by McAfee, Norton, Kaspersky and some others- but that did not help. In fact, there was no virus infection reported by these scans at all. Here are some intriguing facts- the connection works fine on my wife's laptop. It also works fine on my laptop when I connect to my company VPN over it (I am then able to browse all sites normally). Evidently, it is a DNS issue (going by this and the above-mentioned facts). But I am completely at a loss to find a solution. Tried using Opendns, Google and Airtel DNS servers, but the settings revert to "Obtain DNS server address automatically" the moment I connect the connection. Tried flushdns and all other such solutions that can possibly be tried. Calling Airtel cusotmer care hasn't helped either. Reinstalling XP is a last resort that I want to strictly avoid. Would therefore greatly appreciate any suggestions that could help. Thanks, Rishi

I have an Airtel 3G postpaid internet connection that I use on my laptop. Since the past two days, I am unable to surf any websites. However, I can do so when I enter IP addresses of these websites. This, coupled with the timing of the issue (since 10th July) seemed like a dead giveaway that my laptop was affected by the dnschanger virus. So I tried all the suggested measures to remove the virus- ran fixes provided by McAfee, Norton, Kaspersky and some others- but that did not help. In fact, there was no virus infection reported by these scans at all.

Here are some intriguing facts- the connection works fine on my wife's laptop. It also works fine on my laptop when I connect to my company VPN over it (I am then able to browse all sites normally). Evidently, it is a DNS issue (going by this and the above-mentioned facts). But I am completely at a loss to find a solution. Tried using Opendns, Google and Airtel DNS servers, but the settings revert to "Obtain DNS server address automatically" the moment I connect the connection. Tried flushdns and all other such solutions that can possibly be tried.

Calling Airtel cusotmer care hasn't helped either. Reinstalling XP is a last resort that I want to strictly avoid. Would therefore greatly appreciate any suggestions that could help.

Thanks, Rishi
Dude if it's a DNS changer virus then i post a link below to download these few freeware antivirus. It's especially made it for catching DNS changer virus.
These are the name of anti virus.
1) McAfee Stringer
Remove Alureon/ DNSChanger: Yes
Platform: Windows
Price: Free
Stinger | McAfee Free Tools

2) Kaspersky Labs TDSSKiller
Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller

3) Norton Power Eraser
Norton Power Eraser | Free Tool |Easily remove scamware that traditional virus scanning can

4) Trend Micro House Call
Free Online Virus Scan - Antivirus Software - Trend Micro USA

Hope this help.

Cheers.