Internet launched in India on 15 Aug 1995 - Internet prices in India 25 years ago.

• Thread starter Thread starter Gaurav15
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 1,500
ISP
Jio Fiber
FB_IMG_1597486600477.webp

I remember playing word formation games on my friend's pc on Yahoo website. It was a free dialup connection to a certain limit.
He would regularly breach the limit and it was fun when his mom would be super furious. Those were the days..

@Lamborghini I had to pay per minute charges on my dial up. I set it up myself without letting my parents know. It used to show in the postpaid bill as "INET Charges" but they never saw it or paid much attention lol. Damn, thing was so expensive.

Well if we are talking about fuck ups, I once peaked the bill on BSNL Broadband during it's 128 or 256 kbps plans days to 6 figures. Not my fault though. I repeatedly asked my mum if the plan she got was unlimited and she said it must be because that's what she asked for when she applied. But someone did mess up. Don't remember much about it but was paid in installments and some amount discounted.

In Delhi... VSNL + MTNL charges.... though at night pulse rate of MTNL dial up was double... so half the connection charges... Internet was welcome change after few years of BBS...
And Netscape navigator was the only the only browser... Hotmail for mail and Yahoo as search engine...