Internet Explorer Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 620
  • Views Views 134,609
Microsoft is not late in implementing support. They are still officially against it calling it insecure. Yes, the irony is huge on this one.
I wish they had start supporting WebM and WebP too. But that looks unlikely considering how Nokia has stepped up efforts against WebM. Even Mozilla does not support WebP right now.

IE is losing whatever relevance it held day by day.
Now even most of the Govt sites work fine fine on chrome,FF which was not the case few years ago

There are largely two reasons for that. A friend works in a company that bids for a lot of government projects for websites development and revamping.
What he has told me is that the government now has a big booklet of requirements that they have to meet for each of these projects.
And one of the core new requirements is browser compatibility with all major browsers.
Secondly, Internet Explorer is no longer the most popular browser in this country. Based on StatCounter and most other analytic firms, it is Chrome that dominates the Indian market. (This is not really a reason for the change, just a fact). 😀

I was a big IE fan till about 6 months back, when IE 10 started freezing up my laptop and took minutes to load simple websites... I did a reinstall and disabled all add ons etc but to no avail. Switched to Chrome and now there is no looking back....

Addons can really hurt Internet Explorer boot time and performance. Though IE10 and IE11 are blazingly fast otherwise.

I have yet to see any other browser than scrolls at 120fps on my 120Hz monitor. Every single browser except for IE just lags, stutters and freezes on heavy sites. Nothing is even remotely as smooth as IE. Chrome is the worst at high resolutions.

Yup. Chrome is quite horrible on my puny setup as well. Cannot catch up with my routine scrolling.

Ie 10 is blazingly fast. With multiple tabs open it gives chrome run for the money. One area where they need to improve is their ui which hasn't changed for many years

I cannot tolerate IE largely because of the tabs. Switching between them is a jerky experience. And this is just with few tabs open.