Internet Disconnects: Modem UT300R2U

• Thread starter Thread starter paryanz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 5,377

paryanz

ISP
BSNL
Hello guys,I am from secunderabad and my parents are facing a very serious problem of this UT300R2U loosing connection abruptly. My parents have this modem form BSNL and have got fed up as this internet disconnects always and they have tried reaching the bsnl guys they asked to change the line(wire) from the pole as the old wire had lot of joints. Accordingly they kept a different line (wire) but even this has lot of joints in the connection and the problem is still there, please advice what should I do. Should I take a new line again which has no joints.This looks to be a common problem which everyone is facing please guide me as to what I can do to avoid this modem disconnection.Please advice how can I solve this problem.Thanks

In your browser address bar
type 192.168.1.1
new page
user Id admin password admin
see menu on left
Device status etc
statistics
adsl
report mod selected ( on top ) gdmt adsl2 + etc
SNR attn line speed upload and down load
Please post this data.
or if you can Save a screen shot of the page.

Upload at tinypic.com
give the link here.
Examples : given below:
http://i5.tinypic.com/6pjjhpz.jpg
http://i21.tinypic.com/2njdq49.jpg

REF:
Ut 300r2u - India Broadband Wiki
The little I know about Dataone Broadband Services offered by BSNL

REF:

Hello guys,

I am from secunderabad and my parents are facing a very serious problem of this UT300R2U loosing connection abruptly. My parents have this modem form BSNL and have got fed up as this internet disconnects always and they have tried reaching the bsnl guys they asked to change the line(wire) from the pole as the old wire had lot of joints. Accordingly they kept a different line (wire) but even this has lot of joints in the connection and the problem is still there, please advice what should I do. Should I take a new line again which has no joints.

This looks to be a common problem which everyone is facing please guide me as to what I can do to avoid this modem disconnection.

Please advice how can I solve this problem.

Thanks

Looks alright though,just try to change the wire.Also how about the tone in phone?is there any disturbance in it?
BTW Internet can disconnect if there is Virus in your system too.

Call BSNL CC. Yourt line condition is bad. too many errors.
SNR margin very low.
compare my working modem now :
20:41 8/20/2009 zte zxdsl 831

Current adsl line status is as the below.

Line Mode ADSL2+ Line State Show Time
Line Up Time Duration 00:01:09:18 System Up Time 00:01:09:27
Line Downstream Rate 2044 Line Upstream Rate 510
Latency Type Fast Line Coding Trellis On
Noise Margin 32.4 Line Attenuation 39.5 ( * bad will check up . working OK )
Output power -32.2 Attainable Line Rate 12928
Line Up Count 1 Status No Defect etc .

Currently my Mode is set to : ADLS2, I have read in other link that the mode should be G.dmt. Let me add a few more facts here:-

1. First of all it is just my father who is using this internet primarily to have a VOIP service, so the usage is limited to a few phone calls every day and most of the time the iternet is idle. So is the setting of ADSL2 good for this, or should I go for something else.

http://i27.tinypic.com/3321p9z.jpg

2. Next we had a parallel phone connection before splitter and after reading the actual set up for the modem, I have made sure that the parallel phone connection is removed and now the phone connection is after the splitter.

3. Also to avoid any interferences I have made sure that the modem is 3 to 4 ft away from our CRT monitor as well as the CPU, initially it was sitting just beside the CRT.

After doing the 2 and 3 step the frequency of my disconnects have reduced a lot, but still I do have some disconnects going on. Now it comes down to the wire which the SNR would say how the signal is, as per my setting it looks

SNR margin(db) : downstream 7 db, Upstream is 13db roughly
Attenuation: downstream 35 db, Upstream is 19db roughly

please go through my SNR and advice if I need to do something with the wire.

Also the internal setttings of the modem is ADSL2 (current setting) should I shift to G.dmt and what other changes should I be doing. As I noted earlier the usage is pretty much limted to VOIP phone calls with some browsing on PC, do give your expert advices please.

I would sincerely thank all you guys for maintaining this forum and guiding everyone.

Thanks.

Yes You can try GDMT .
Check in this page

http://i19.tinypic.com/6kqygzt.jpg

wait.............Keep GDMt Glite T413 enabled.
Bitswap enabled

Uncheck adsl2 , annexL ,adsl2+
Keep Annex M disabled.
Do not check SRA. ( blank)
Click SAVE/apply
wait for 2 minutes.
re check snr

Also 192.168.1.1/main.html
Under Maintainence
IF client TR-069 is seen disable it.
Save reboot wait for two minutes.

Even if you don't use a phone keep one Phone connected
for line impedance ( resistance) matching.
Check cables for corroded /blackened/oxidized/ connections.
use short RJ11 cables.
When using VOIP computer need not be on.
Is it Vonage VOIP service ?

feedback.

Thanks for your advice, I would definitely try these settings....

What is the client TR-069 and how do I disable it?

Yur advice to keep one Phone connected for line impedance ( resistance) matching, I did not understand this well?

Also I am attaching the setup of how the modem and phones are connected, if this helps you in advising me.....

http://i30.tinypic.com/2e30rrd.jpg

Yes it is Vonage VOIP service and we do not keep our PC turned ON to have Vonage.

Also is there any specific site where I can refer to what these various modes are adsl2 , annexL ,adsl2+ ,GDMt Glite, T413 ?

Thank you for your guidance

The set up diagram is fine and correct.
If available under MANAGEMENT:
Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
simply disable tr-069 and Soap .
This is for remote control of the modem settings/upgrade
Firmware etc by the ISP.BSNL does not have this facility.

Usually for a stable connection GDMT/T413.G lite are selected
You may try Google search for each term.

The Vonage usage has been measured as 2 MB/per minute
( Both d/l and U/L) . So for one hour conversation
approx 100MB will be used.

Also refer this link for Ut300r2u settings ( less wireless )
https://broadband.forum/bsnl-broadband/50052-utstar-wa3002-g4-vade-mecum-quick-reference/#post331246

Thanks for your reply, also how about the line impedance ( resistance) matching, I did not understand this well? Throw your insight on thisAlso based on my previous post the SNR was pretty bad , I will get back to you after doing these software changes and seeing what the new SNR is and do I have to change the wire based on my new SNR.

I did the following steps

1. I unchecked ADSL2+, ANNEXl, ADSL2,
AnnexM was already unchecked

InnerPair was checked and OuterPair was unchecked

Bitswap enable was checked and SRA Enable was unchecked

2. I applied these settings it took a min or two for the modem to register the settings and then internet was back again. I made a copy of this configuration so that it will be easy to load next time and saved it.

3. Then there was a option of saving and rebooting the modem, I thought I should do this as to make sure the settings are properly saved. The modem got rebooted and to my shock the internet never came back. I powered the modem two times but no internet.

4. Then I reloaded the configuration file which I had saved and the internet was back, but ADSL2+, ANNEXl, ADSL2 are checked.

My main aim was to uncheck these , though the internet is not disconnecting now but based on my previous experience I think it will again start disconnecting in a day or two. What is your advise what should I be doing next in case I start getting internet disconnects.

5. Also the SNR values never changed after changing these settings, they were the same as previous
http://i27.tinypic.com/3321p9z.jpg

Thanks
Waiting for all your replies.

I feel you are very far away from the Telephone Exchange.

Take the modem to BSNL and get it tested there.
Or
ask for a new modem on rent to try. Rs 40/PM.
New modem costs Rs 1000/=Tax 10%
compare mine :
Super Frames: 1455881 1455845
Super Frame Errors: 0 1
RS Words: 49499986 12374682
RS Correctable Errors: 2112 0
RS Uncorrectable Errors: 0 N/A