internet connectivity problem on UT300R2U modem ADSL2+ ROUTER, windows 7

• Thread starter Thread starter paops
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 4,466

paops

ISP
bsnl
I m using windows 7 OS n use UT300R2U MODEM with ethernet port conncetion.Whenever i switch on the computer n modem,it doesnt get connected to the internet.Except data signal,rest 3 ll be glowing.I ll ve to restart modem 3 to 4 times n wait for the connection.A balloon window in tray icon pops up saying "additional information required" n when i click on it nothing happens(it takes to my homepage wikipedia)I tried calling BSNL customer support but in vain... dey give the usual 192.168.1.1 solution.I ve the following doubts:1.Is UT300R2U modem (ethernet connection) compatible with windows 7??2.The firmware update n maintainance software on motivebsnl.com works wit xp n vista as mentioned.I tried wit windows 7 but no use.Is dr any software available for win73.wats PPPoE username n passwordSomebody pls help me and give me solution for my problem

I m using windows 7 OS n use UT300R2U MODEM with ethernet port conncetion.Whenever i switch on the computer n modem,it doesnt get connected to the internet.Except data signal,rest 3 ll be glowing.I ll ve to restart modem 3 to 4 times n wait for the connection.
A balloon window in tray icon pops up saying "additional information required" n when i click on it nothing happens(it takes to my homepage wikipedia)
I tried calling BSNL customer support but in vain... dey give the usual 192.168.1.1 solution.
I ve the following doubts:
1.Is UT300R2U modem (ethernet connection) compatible with windows 7??
2.The firmware update n maintainance software on motivebsnl.com works wit xp n vista as mentioned.I tried wit windows 7 but no use.Is dr any software available for win7
3.wats PPPoE username n password

Somebody pls help me and give me solution for my problem

Please check the "sticky" thread for WA3002-G4 quick reference.
Follow the screen shots and enter your USERID ( without @bsnl) and PW in WAN page of modem.
Ignore wireless settings.
Feedback.

Please check the "sticky" thread for WA3002-G4 quick reference.
Follow the screen shots and enter your USERID ( without @bsnl) and PW in WAN page of modem.
Ignore wireless settings.
Feedback.

hi.. i m a newbie in this forum.. cudnt find the "sticky" thread u referred to... cud u pls post the link of tat thread here... thank u

HI,
I have the same problem, in my case when the 'Data' LED is not blinking, the ADSL router page cannot be accessed too.
try getting hold of a similar modem from your friend and check if that works. if that works well, then you can rule out modem fault and the problem may be with W7, or the network adapter... I could not get a similar modem, so did not try this step.
BSNL has been at it's helpful best. the local JE could not even understand what I was trying to say.
Pls. post back if your problem resolves.
thx.

I m using windows 7 OS n use UT300R2U MODEM with ethernet port conncetion.Whenever i switch on the computer n modem,it doesnt get connected to the internet.Except data signal,rest 3 ll be glowing.I ll ve to restart modem 3 to 4 times n wait for the connection.
A balloon window in tray icon pops up saying "additional information required" n when i click on it nothing happens(it takes to my homepage wikipedia)
I tried calling BSNL customer support but in vain... dey give the usual 192.168.1.1 solution.
I ve the following doubts:
1.Is UT300R2U modem (ethernet connection) compatible with windows 7??
2.The firmware update n maintainance software on motivebsnl.com works wit xp n vista as mentioned.I tried wit windows 7 but no use.Is dr any software available for win7
3.wats PPPoE username n password

Somebody pls help me and give me solution for my problem