Internet Always In Use

• Thread starter Thread starter jason717
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 1,704

jason717

i find that my internet is always in use as in my connection lites are constantly blinking even if i m nt using the net.how can this b.there r no suspecious processes running.plz help!!!

Usb lite is always blinking whether you use or not! Tey connect via lan!

and use a firewall to see if there are unauthorized tools accessing the net.use bandwidth monitor to see excessive consumption.

Connection lights blink means the connection is alive. Did you check you pc for malware?

Get windows defender to clean your system of spyware. Also make sure you have an up-to-date Antivirus program. (If not download Avast). Do a full system scan with your anti-virus program. Then download and install ZoneAlarm firewall. You'll be safe then.

getting windows defender could be quite a hassle for regular people. esp who are not running the SP2 edition of XP.i suggest using active virus shield, adaware, spybot... all free. all legally free. and easily available.

/me hates active virus sheild coz its utter crap ... cudnt even detect a simple win32jeefo worm :/Bitdefender is quite gud ... has a firewall .... is stable ..... heuristic scanning too!!!get it .... u wont be dissapointed ..better yet, buy an original cppy 🙂

weird it managed to help my friend's system clean crap which even onecare could not find out. 😛

Well if the NIC's light blinks,it's normal.. If that icon on your tray blinks when you're not using internet or anything via LAN then it's a problem. Try this..open cmd promptType "netstat -b" it should show you the 'file' that's currently using the internet..