International ISPs vs Indian ISPs - Comparison

• Thread starter Thread starter blazer
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 4,796
IMO Broadband Internet is much more important than Mobiles atleast for me, maybe varied from person to person in India, but High Speed Internet is my First Priority.
Didn't that post as information regarding the expensive plans that people of Canada have to subscribe to?

why not compare them to plan provided by our very own Airtel 🙂

and IMO instead of telling me that internet is important than mobile give a thought to why it is cheaper to use mobile phones in India than to use them in a developed country (Hint: Volume)

There is even a negative Point having fast Internet Speeds, Piracy will Increase a hell lot.

There is even a negative Point having fast Internet Speeds, Piracy will Increase a hell lot.

Sorry but i'm gonna go for some sarcasm...''Yea like its gonna stop if we cut some Kbps/Mbps.. -_-''

Most of the isps listed there on the first post have their back office & CC support given from India (outsourced).

@thread starter

Not all fingers are equal
http://www.rogers.com/web/link/hispeedBrowseFlowDefaultPlans

Cheapest Plan
Upto 6Mbps
20GB download limit (Additional Usage Charge CAD 4/GB)
Modem rental or purchase required

Cost: CAD 38.49 + 13%tax = CAD 43.5

Conversion:
XE: (CAD/INR) Canadian Dollar to Indian Rupee Rate

Additionally while crying over what the developed countries get as broadband speeds have you got a chance to peak into cost of their mobile phone plans?

Comparing India with Canada is not a fair comparison. Canada is a huge country around 3 times the size of India but has total population of just 3.4 crore. Delhi NCR i.e. Delhi, Noida, Greater Noida, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Ghaziabad, Sonepat combined have total population which is comparable with the total population of whole of Canada.

More land mass as is case of Canada means more cables are required to serve the country. So price of broadband in certain territories is higher. Certain ISPs in Canada who serve thinly populated areas charge a much higher amount and provide slower speed. But in densely populated metropolitan areas like Toronto or downtown Vancouver which has mostly high rise buildings, broadband is very cheap. For example CA$ 49.95 per month for 50 mbps symmetric connection with 250GB FUP in Toronto from Bell Canada is a very good price compared with what we pay here in India for 400 kbps or so upload speed that Airtel is providing to US based servers on most of its connections. To top this Airtel is not ready to give better than 4 mbps ADSL connection to my office even when I am willing to pay for it.

There is no justification for the loot that Indian ISPs are indulging in or the prices that they are charging for their mostly crappy service. At least the big cities should get better service at lower costs.