• Thread starter Thread starter Zaman2011
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 14,489

Zaman2011

Regular
ISP
BSNL
I have been using Reliance Jio for nearly 2 months now and have been overall satisfied with their network at least for now during the unlimited plans. However, one thing that I have noticed and which has only deteriorated over time is the slow browsing speed in Jio especially for foreign websites. I am not sure if I am the only one but browsing speed for nearly all websites are very slow for a 30 or 40 mbps connection. Even in Youtube, I notice a lot of lag and buffering at times. Sometimes, even in 480p, I notice buffering on Youtube which is quite illogical for a 30-40 Mbps connection. And for websites outside India, the browsing and connecting speed is almost terrible. For example, when I try to connect with remote desktop to one of my virtual private servers in US, I notice that the connection is not stable at all and breaks off intermittently.

I have had a terrible time with BSNL (especially with their terrible lines and terrible customer support) but even on a 4Mbps connection, I had noticed a lot more smoothness in browsing websites or connecting with remote desktop etc. when their lines are often stable. In fact, my BSNL line (which I have downgraded to the base 512kbps plan for the past few months since I took Jio) became a bit stable today after ages and the DSL and internet lights were stable sometime ago. Then I tried connecting to the remote desktop using the 512kbps connection and it seemed to be almost equally if not more stable than Jio. I also tried browsing and there was not much difference in browsing speed though it is nearly 1/80th of the speed or so.

The downloading speed is what I like of Jio but I feel that their overall network is not properly optimized. I am not sure if I am the only one but I have always felt the slowness in browsing and connecting with the Reliance Jio connection. And it has only become worse over the months. Other people who had taken Reliance Jio say the same thing too and that the network has only become slower in the past couple of months. Hope they fix the issues soon and especially before their Jio FTTH launch (which I am more interested in).

Has anybody else noticed the slow browsing or laggy connection problem with Jio?

I had a conversation about the low latency/speeds on YouTube and my area network engineer has told me to wait till the end of this month..he said it would be resolved after 1st of next month..
Apparently there's some upgradation going on..and it's still not launched ,this is more like a Beta phase so it's going to have some issues nonetheless ..

For YouTube, someone posted the simple trick of blocking access to Google nodes that are slow for Indian users.

Source

Last edited:
If you don't want to edit your host file then you can just reload youtube video untill your video host change to faster one. You can always check YouTube nerds stats, weather host is slow or fast.

No,the reload thing doesn't really work for me...I've tried like a ton times..it just sticks to the one...hell I've been hooked onto the same host for days..even right now as I'm typing this 😕

Then block this host via hosts file. That might force them to change your host to new.

@volcano619 How did you talk directly to engineer? Here at my location one of cell tower from which i get signal is malfunctioned and do not provide internet on band 2300 (Cell ID 21009) despite signal strength is same as before. I talked to cc 10 days before and they told me its temp issue and their network team is working on it but i did not see any fix till now. Its been up to 14 day now. How i can talk to any engineer directly without talking to cc?

I'm not sure how to get in touch directly
But whenever ,I register a service request the engineer calls me up for a feedback and does his thing

I register my request on care@jio email or on 199 and only girl cc call me back. Which portal do you use for registering your request? I also want to talk to engineer.

I am facing the same problem as well, here in bangalore. Browsing speed is mostly between 512kbps to 1 mbps, which is not enough if you are using more than one device. Download speeds are good though. I wouldn't be using Jio as my primary connection if not for the free data.