Intermittent Ping Loss On Tri Band

• Thread starter Thread starter pslak1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2,606

pslak1

ISP
BSNL
I am loosing pings intermittently from last two days on Tri band with Delhi MTNL. DSL stays connected but ping starts loosing intermittently. Does any body got this issue? It looks quite wiered as DSL stays connected. This is causing random timeout of sites and lots of retries 🙁 Please provide me any help as it is so frustrating. I am tryigng to explain so hard to MTNL support but nothing is happening

Hmmm.... sounds similar to the problem I was having. Are you using ZoneAlarm or any other firewall?

What did you ping? Do check whether all wires are tightly connected and observe pings starting from adsl router (if you use router mode), then mtnl gateway, then finally some site. See where the pings show problems.

I am not using any firewall. Modem is directly connected to IP phone. Setup was working fine for last 1 month and nothing is changed on my end. I am pinging adsl router (D-Link 502-T) as it gets the IP address and act as DHCP server for connected devices.

I am pinging www.yahoo.com. I have pinged my ADSL Router IP address for my office network and it shows that pings are dropped intermittently. One interesting thing is that I get consistent roundtrip time for all the replied ping. So either the pings are replied or timeout. They are not getting delayed response.

QUOTE(inetbum @ Sep 7 2006, 07:57 PM) [snapback]61488[/snapback]
What did you ping? Do check whether all wires are tightly connected and observe pings starting from adsl router (if you use router mode), then mtnl gateway, then finally some site. See where the pings show problems.
[/b]

check where the pings are getiing lost ..if they are getting lost on way to MTNL gateway then its a problem specific to u and could be due to lose wires ..bad wiring..low SNR due to disturbance in line etc.If ping loss occurs beyond the default gateway..then its a universal problem which should get corrected automatically.