Interesting story...

• Thread starter Thread starter Kumaran G
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 2,281

Kumaran G

Frens, CMDS...!Some time back I had complained on BSNL for their lethargic activities on the new BrdBnd D1 cnnxn. Many mails (left right 'n centre all the way upto Maran) were sent and yesterday evening I suddenly gotta call on my cell from my tel exchange asking me to come n collect the modem. The same morning I had gone personally to the exchg and they said, only 20 modems arrived and all were distributed...3 staff members (Area Manager, JTO, Lineman) came home to deliver it and promised a installtion the next day...Day 2: They came home and I wasn't around so I had to go with my laptop. Three elderly woman were slogging themselves to get my cnnxn up and running. Modem won't work. After a few hrs they realised that they were trying the cnnxn with the voice line and not data line. They cursed each other and atlast the PPOE and WAN lights were ON on the modem. I went home and tried the cnnxn and the lights WON'T glow. Power and LAN lights are ON but not the others.The new modem is different (smaller) than the earlier one i heard. CAN ANYONE SUGGEST WHAT CUD'VE GONE WRONG? WHY WAN AND PPOE LIGHTS WON'T GLOW?Here is how my tel line is connected at home.1. From pole to a splitter-1 (a local piece)2. Splitter-1 port-1 to ground floor Telephone3. Splitter-1 port-2 to first floor splitter-2 (a local piece)4. Splitter-2 port-1 to a telephone.Now i've modified this to accomodate the dataone cnnxn.5. Connxn #4 is removed and conneted to BSNL provided Splitter-3.6. Splitter-3 port-marked LINE to a Telephone7. Splitter-3 port-marked ADSL to ModemWith is setup I'm trying my luck to make it work. Tell me where I'm going wrong. Thank you all folks for the suport.cheersGk...ps: BSNL staffs are visiting tomorrow to trouble shoot... but still...

A JTO (Lady) and line man came to my house to establish Dataone connection. They don't have any knowledge. They asked me to check things. They will only connect telephone thing. You should do the rest of the things yourselves.

i'd suggest u to do the connections like this...1. From pole to ADSL splitter2. ADSL splitter port marked ADSL to modem3. ADSL splitter port marked line to splitter-14. Splitter-1 port 1 to first floor phone5. Splitter-1 port 2 to ground floor phonethough i don't think the problem is because of this...this way u only get the best speed...the way ur connection is, it shouldn't create any probs for connecting at least...

coolb...! today i tried once again... and it al worked fine... earlier i had done a mistake...
i had connected the line from pole directly to the port marked "phone" and not to "line". It shud be the other way round and it works fine...
thx to all...

Originally posted by coolbuddy_79@Aug 9 2005, 07:40 PM
i'd suggest u to do the connections like this...

1. From pole to ADSL splitter
2. ADSL splitter port marked ADSL to modem
3. ADSL splitter port marked line to splitter-1
4. Splitter-1 port 1 to first floor phone
5. Splitter-1 port 2 to ground floor phone

though i don't think the problem is because of this...this way u only get the best speed...the way ur connection is, it shouldn't create any probs for connecting at least...
[snapback]20491[/snapback]
[/quote]