Intel rumored to be considering acquiring NVIDIA

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
Intel rumored to be considering acquiring NVIDIA
Intel is the market leader in the microprocessor market. Their smaller rival AMD recently made big news when they acquired the graphic processor maker ATI.
The latest rumor in the market is that Intel is now considering acquiring ATI rival NVIDIA.
This rumor alone helped NVIDIA gain in the stock market [...]

http://business.techwhack.co/1193/intel-nvidia/

katpasin

Rookie
Regulars
Jun 16, 2005
Hyderabad
tat is so unlikely... nvidia is doin very well in its gfx and chipsets territory.wuld cost intel a huge fortune to buy them out.

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
so ur saying ATI was going bankrupt? :)

leomax

FraudBand
Regulars
Oct 26, 2005
I think its unlikely,i cant see a need for intel to buy nvidia,anything nvidia makes,intel will better them if they want to . Intel is revamping old graphic division these days.

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
intel i doubt can better nvidia or ati at graphical technology. they somewhat failed to better AMD technology in the recent years. core 2 duo is what they did good and which got them into good eyes of people who know their computer hardware.

leomax

FraudBand
Regulars
Oct 26, 2005
surely they can,they have the largest share in graphic market (and virtually unlimited resources).They certainly arent concentrating on graphic market atm,but as i said it looks like they on a revamp.They failed to better AMD only because of thier clock madness,which they gave up and core 2 duo is only thier short term weapon to give them enough time to implement something like CSI or HT and possibly memory/graphic controller intergration to die.and isnt there antitrust problems?

netfreak

Regulars
Regulars
Sep 8, 2005
QUOTE(Sushubh @ Oct 5 2006, 06:42 PM) [snapback]64221[/snapback]
intel i doubt can better nvidia or ati at graphical technology. they somewhat failed to better AMD technology in the recent years.

core 2 duo is what they did good and which got them into good eyes of people who know their computer hardware.
[/b]

They did P6 (now re-branded as Core XXXXXX). This architecture started with 150 MHz Penitum Pro, Rested at Tualatin (1.4 GHz P3). And now alive again as P7.

Then Intel got caught in GHz war (Super pipelines) with Netburst (P4, Banias - Pentium M etc). This was the ONLY mistake they made.

Its good to see them getting back to P6/Pentium III architecture that focusses on cache efficiency and branch prediction rahter then Ghz madness.

AMD still has to come up with answer to 10 year old challange.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
IBF Amazon Freedom Sale 0
IBF Technology 1
IBF Computers 1
Sushubh Brands 6
Sushubh Apps 1