Intel 965RY & CORE 2 DUO WORKING SLOW

• Thread starter Thread starter movieguy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 3,303

movieguy

ISP
bsnl
Hello, to all friends,I had just purchased intel 965ry original motherboard and core2duo 2.0 ghz processor. I had installed xp on it but the xp is running slow on 2 gb of ram. it takes 15 minitures to copy a mp3 disk. on the another side my friend purchased dual core 1.6 and intel 945gx motherboard and 1 gb of ram and it takes 3 minutes to copy the same disk. Can anybody solves the problem,movieguy

first check bios settings may be problem with it. by proffesional.

cuz its windoze? i'm not sure if WinXP Pro or otherwise is capable to handle such a high end machine 😉 Upgrade to Linux, dude! 🙂

I think there could be many reasons which u will have to eliminate one by one to get to the root cause of Pc slow performance...1. Perhaps ur optical drive is a prob, it's lens can't read a scratched disk properly or perhaps it's spindown time is too much...2. Bios settings & transfer mode not set up properly.. 3. Ur system RAM might be faulty leaky ..4. Too much crap prog. / spyware / virus installed.... blah blah... Try one by one.. till u narrow it down..

WAIT!!!!!!first run the intel application accelator which came with the chipset etc.there see if the highest mode of data reading of disks is there(UMA-5 or what, google it) and then see.virus-scaner u using any?

Check the device transfer modes in Device Manager (IDE controllers). If in any channel, any device is running in PIO mode, uninstall that channel and restart the comp. That should fix it.Windows automatically down shifts if it finds that a device is running too slowly as regards its transfer mode. This might be the case with the optical drive.