Installation Procedure, In Mumbai

• Thread starter Thread starter mattfs218
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2,661

mattfs218

I'm trying to help a friend get an MTNL TriBand DSL internet connection. His phone line has been installed, but the MTNL office is saying it's better to wait until he has a computer before they install DSL.My question is, is there any sort of special software that needs to be installed on the computer (like Sify Broadband) with MTNL TriBand? I'm pretty tech savvy, if I request the DSL to be installed can and have the technician leave username/password, ip address, etc...will I be able to get the internet working on my laptop without a problem?Does MTNL use username/password? Are they hard coded into the supplied router? Which CPE device is recommended? I will ve using a VoIP adapter, and a laptop.--matt

Deleted....

MTNL is just trying to save you any future headache. Say they install it, then you get your PC 10 days later and find out it doesn't work. Then you are gonna call MTNL and try to solve it. Then some customers might complain they shouldn't have been charged for the 10 days since it was never working.If your friend doesn't have a computer at least have a laptop around to verify everything is working.later,mrj

If d MTNL ADSL modem shows Power - On, Status - Blinking & ADSL - On....then ur Triband is thro & u can connect ur PC anytime & browse thro net. U r rite.....d username & password is preset in their modems...but u can change d password thro their site http://register.mtnl.net.in . Default username is ur phone number & the password is ur CA no printer on ur bill.

QUOTE(baudhayan @ Sep 23 2006, 10:22 PM) [snapback]63079[/snapback]
If d MTNL ADSL modem shows Power - On, Status - Blinking & ADSL - On....then ur Triband is thro & u can connect ur PC anytime & browse thro net. U r rite.....d username & password is preset in their modems...but u can change d password thro their site http://register.mtnl.net.in . Default username is ur phone number & the password is ur CA no printer on ur bill.
[/b]

Hi,
My "ADSL modem shows Power - On, Status - Blinking & ADSL - On" what other setting are requied on the adsl router ....

I dont want to wait for monday for the enginners to configure it....

it would be g8 help if ur provide the details

thanks in advance.

QUOTE(Derek @ Sep 23 2006, 10:30 PM) [snapback]63083[/snapback]
Hi,
My \"ADSL modem shows Power - On, Status - Blinking & ADSL - On\" what other setting are requied on the adsl router ....

I dont want to wait for monday for the enginners to configure it....

it would be g8 help if ur provide the details

thanks in advance.
[/b]

Actually d MTNL guys dont configure much except tht they change d WAN settings 2 PPPoE & configure PVC0... & save d username & password as i mentioned earlier. But if u want 2 have more control on ur broadband connection change d settings from PPPoE 2 Bridged mode & use Win XP 2 configure ur dialer. Refer to my prev post http://www.broadbandforum.co/PPPoE-or-Brid...Mode-t3128.html 4 screenshots 2 configure d dialer.