Instagraph for Windows Phone

• Thread starter Thread starter Jignesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 1,312
I am pretty sure it cannot upload to Instagram because they do not allow any third party app to do so.

The developers have found a way to upload images to Instagram without an official API. This means Instagram can’t suddenly change something and kill the app. Basically the developers have set up a server to relay between the app and Instagram. To keep the server from being bogged down they are limiting everyone to three uploads per day.
lol. good luck keeping this app functional. facebook would get it killed sooner or later.

Don't think we will be seeing the official Instagram app. They just aren't interested in WP8. Neither will Google be releasing any quality apps (if at all) to the platform. It is up to third party devs, MS and Nokia to make as many apps as they can.

rodeoz said:
Don't think we will be seeing the official Instagram app. They just aren't interested in WP8. Neither will Google be releasing any quality apps (if at all) to the platform. It is up to third party devs, MS and Nokia to make as many apps as they can.
Well. Looking at the bigger picture…
Nokia and Microsoft are huge partners. Microsoft is an investor in Facebook. Facebook owns Instagram. Microsoft stands to gain something by getting Facebook to release Instagram for Windows Phone 8. It’s not like Facebook has shortage of developers now. Things were different when Instagram was an independent company.
Also. Nokia is running a viral campaign asking their fans to join them in demanding Instagram for Lumia devices. This looks like a predetermined campaign to highlight an upcoming Instagram app that could be exclusive to Lumia devices at least in the initial phases. Nokia would be stupid to run a campaign that they know would result in no results.
Overall, Instagram can only gain from releasing an app for WP8. They really have no reason to not release an app. They already cater to the big two players. Their Android app is one year old this month. Perfect time to launch it on WP devices and get some free media attention that would last for a couple of weeks at least.

FB and MS are indeed partners. But then FB never released an app for WP! The existing FB app is the one developed by MS - and is inferior to the apps developed by FB itself. So I don't see FB asking Instagram to develop an app. Nokia has been running the #2InstaWithLove campaign for a long time now, and tbh, there hasn't been even the slightest hint that Instagram will release any app for Lumia.

Well. From what I understand Twitter also does not have an app for Windows Phone devices right? Both Facebook and Twitter are catered through the integrated social hub (or whatever Microsoft likes to call it) for a seamless experience (lol). 😀
But then... Twitter now has an app for Windows RT/8 even though it is integrated in People's app already. But Facebook still does not have an independent app for Windows RT/8 so you might have a point. 🙂
And Nokia would be very foolish to run a campaign without having a solid backend deal with Facebook for an upcoming app seriously. It just makes them look so bad. lol.

Na Na. Twitter has an app for WP8. The one I see in the store has 'Twiiter Inc' as its publisher.
Nokia's campaign is actually an app which has the following in its description:

Many of you have asked when Instagram will be coming to Windows Phone, and the #2InstaWithLove app was created as a way for you to have your voice heard.The app allows you to take a photo using the classic polaroid filter and automatically adds the hashtag #2InstaWithLove. It's all about showing Instagram just how passionate the Windows Phone community is - so be creative, have fun and be sure to share your favorite photos with us using a social network of your choice.
I think this is simply to plead Insta to release an app. :-D
But then Nokia has an exclusive TuneIn app optimised for Lumia (separate from the official app). But I doubt if something similar will happen with Insta. I don't use it, but lack of an Insta app seems to be a deal breaker for many people.

The Instagraph App is now available for 2.49$. The initial response has been shitty. For some users it took as much as 30 minutes to upload an image while for others their image got uploaded under someone else's id! LOL!