Instagram Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 274
  • Views Views 43,136
Okies. But unfortunately for me, half of the sites are blocked, and the other half are just too buggy....in the sense that their apps are so annoying, that i m really finding it hard to take snaps & share in the office! I saw about Instagram in the weekend, and i tried opening it in the office today, after which i installed this app. And i found that its only square fotos, which have to be compulsorily cropped!

It is a cool application, I wish it had gplus association as well.

Great! Will check it out tomorrow. Too lazy to go to Windows and take the remote login to check out now. Hope this works out. And the only thing i would want now is - it is not blocked!Btw, just to mention, i have tried out the following😛icasa/G Plus - BlockedImgur - Too bad app. I cant even bulk upload images!Box - The link shared through it is buggy. It shows some pics & doesnt show some othersDropbox - blockedPhotobucket - App is again buggy, but i am still somehow managing to live with it.FB - blockedSnapfish - blocked

time to get rid of instagram.

Removed! Just like I removed Gowalla.

Last edited:
And i just downloaded it today! 😕 Thanks for the update.....i removed it as well!

I think it makes sense to ask why you guys are removing it? Hate towards Facebook or other issues?

1) Hate towards Facebook.2) Its not suitable for me as such....since i dont want to crop my pics forcefully. I cant take my pics in a way that i can share via Instagram!

I think it makes sense to ask why you guys are removing it? Hate towards Facebook or other issues?

facebook ownership means potential privacy issues. 😀 heh lol.

i do not want to use facebook for any of my photo sharing. thank you.

and what evil has google done? stolen my address book without telling me? enabled third party services to access private information about my google contacts? 🙂

I thought so, I have never been comfortable sharing my details with Facebook.They don't delete the data on users request and yeah! Annoying to an extent.

and what evil has google done? stolen my address book without telling me? enabled third party services to access private information about my google contacts? 🙂
For starters, made my profile public without asking me. Or even if it did, it must have been in some small corner of the T&C. Google loves information. One reason why FB and Google had to break up as the latter could not tolerate the fact that it was being only a donor and not a receiver in its equation with the former. Google has access to your mails - and in turn your financial documents on those IDs -, your contacts, your calendar, what you search - location, stuff etc. - it knows when and where you are traveling, what are your places of interest and God knows what else.

I thought so, I have never been comfortable sharing my details with Facebook.

They don't delete the data on users request and yeah! Annoying to an extent.
Do you know that mail you 'delete' from your GMail account does not necessarily get deleted? Google themselves doesn't guarantee that it will be deleted. The reason they give is technical complexity. Hardly believable for an incredibly technicallly competent company like them.

Even if a message has been deleted or an account is no longer active, messages may remain on our backup systems for some period of time. This is standard practice in the email industry, which Gmail and other major webmail services follow in order to provide a reliable service for users. We will make reasonable efforts to remove deleted information from our systems as quickly as is practical.

Gmail and privacy

Facebook has been known to not delete photos for years and they have admitted it. A newspaper found that the photo was still accessible from the original URL after 2 years of deletion. Now, I would imagine that this is much worse than a backup Google server retaining an email for a couple of months which is not publicly accessible? 🙂

Over 3 years later, "deleted" Facebook photos are still online

In the meantime, photos that users thought they "deleted" from the social network months or even years ago remain accessible via direct link.

As for Google, I can switch to alternative services with some pain. Facebook on the other hand is becoming an important aspect to access third party services. Not in India yet, but Spotify in USA? requires a Facebook ID to create an account. So does Vevo from what I remember.

----------

I can safely say that the only reason I still have a Facebook account active is because I use it to log into tens of third party services which are crippled without it 😕

I can switch to regular user id and password I guess... I do prefer to use Twitter logins where they are available but sadly, Facebook has become the most popular logging mechanism third party services. 😕

Do you know that mail you 'delete' from your GMail account does not necessarily get deleted? Google themselves doesn't guarantee that it will be deleted. The reason they give is technical complexity. Hardly believable for an incredibly technicallly competent company like them.

Gmail and privacy

Facebook is a social networking website.

If you search for someones name on Google Images you might get his or her image.

But you won't get any email by search a persons on mail search, I don't know if you would understand the point.

But, there is a difference between how Facebook handles privacy matters and the way Gmail does.

I admit that it could just be a psychological difference.