inserted card is not a viewing card (2)

• Thread starter Thread starter naresh.mram
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 58,463
Try with some basics like removing the card, cleaning it's contact points with a cloth and reinserting. If that didn't help, you'll have to contact Hathway.

[color=rgb(68,68,68);font-family:Verdana;font-size:11px;]I am facing INSERTED CARD IS NOT A VIEWING CARD (2) when i use my hathway set top box after a gap of few months.[/color]
[color=rgb(68,68,68);font-family:Verdana;font-size:11px;]I might have removed when box is on.[/color]
[color=rgb(68,68,68);font-family:Verdana;font-size:11px;]But dont know how to recover?[/color]
[color=rgb(68,68,68);font-family:Verdana;font-size:11px;]Is anything can be done at hathway service center? any repair to mother board/ re loading s/w???[/color]
[color=rgb(68,68,68);font-family:Verdana;font-size:11px;]pls suggest [/color]
[color=rgb(68,68,68);font-family:Verdana;font-size:11px;]ysr[/color]

Try inserting it slowly. Clean the chip part and clean the location where card is inserted and try again. If it doesn't work, call Hathway

The connection goes into dormant state if it is not used for a few months.
Contact your cable operator to have it re-activated.

ChaiBiskutBhai said:
The connection goes into dormant state if it is not used for a few months.
Contact your cable operator to have it re-activated.
Thats correct ChaiBiskutBhai. This is a common practice being followed by every MSO, in Delhi & Mumbai. It works in a simple logic that whenever, whatever channel you watch, your STB serial number and playing channel is monitored by default. Which is decided by your MSO's package/ Billing mechanism. So if your STB stays turned off for several day, its removed from the cache of your MSO's billing server which runs in sync with their serial number monitoring system. So when the box is turned on, the registration data doesn't match due to high security setting on the MSO end, resulting in Error 11: Security Issue on your STB.