Infy, Bharti tie-up for DTH service

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 7160
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1,630
D

Deleted member 7160

BANGALORE: Leading integrated telecom services provider Bharti Airtel and IT bellwether Infosys Technologies Ltd today announced a strategic partnership to provide digital TV viewing on a DTH (direct to home) platform.

The partnership envisages Infosys providing a suite of products, including devices, application servers and interactive applications to enhance digital Lifestyle for Airtel customers.

The alliance will also enable Airtel to offer lower iCity, iNet and tPortal services on Airtel digital TV.

"For the first time in the country, our customers will be able to enjoy internet like television viewing with online shopping, personalised stock quotes, news, local events and traffic updates on our digital TV," Airtel Telemedia Services president Atul Bindal told reporters here.

Infosys COO SD Shibulal added: "The digital conversion platform will enable Airtel to create a distinct product experience for its customers. Our technology platform will power Airtel digital TV viewing even on laptops and desktops."

Infy, Bharti tie-up for DTH service - Software & Services-News-Indiatimes - Infotech

Nice :yahoo: just got their STB. Knowing how good Airtel's after sales service is, i had to call customer care to activate my STB and schedule an installation for tomorrow for their engineers to come. Surprisingly, one of their engineers called me up a few mins afterwards and informed he's on his way..double thumbs up to Airtel :thumbsup::thumbsup: and this news just makes things even better.

As always.. Airtel's best customer care..!Congratulations..