Information regarding Delhi

maniaco

Regulars
I need to travel to Dehradun from Bangalore in April. I have couple of options and needed some information from the folks who stay in NCR!How far is Nizamuddin & New Delhi Railway stations from the Airport? My flight will land at 8:45AM in Delhi and the train is @11AM from NZM. Is that sufficient time for me to catch the train?

manu1991

Ancient Philospher
New Delhi Station is quite convenient to reach because of the Airport Metro. Takes 20-30 mins.Nizammudin station would be at least 20-25kms from the airport. take a taxi. should take 1-1.30 hr or so. You can use the Metro too, but you'd have to change stations and stuff.

maniaco

Regulars
Thanks Manu!So there is a Metro which connects Airport to New Delhi station? and how much time will that take?

agantuk

Bhatakti Aatma
Only if you are lucky. If you land in T3, chances are you will be out of the airport only at 9.15 or 9.20 . 10 minutes to book a cab, and 50 minutes to Nizamuddin. Add another 10 minutes to find your train on the right platform. All in one non-stop motion. And assuming flight lands on time in this winter.

manu1991

Ancient Philospher
Yes, there is a direct Metro Line. Its called the Airport Line. Would take 20-25 minutes.if you have an option, I'd suggest opt for New Delhi Station only.

maniaco

Regulars
The train is from NZM station!

How far will be Old Delhi railway station from Airport? There is a train which is at night 9 from there to Dehradun

----------

Only if you are lucky. If you land in T3, chances are you will be out of the airport only at 9.15 or 9.20 . 10 minutes to book a cab, and 50 minutes to Nizamuddin. Add another 10 minutes to find your train on the right platform. All in one non-stop motion. And assuming flight lands on time in this winter.

Thank you for your reply! I would be travelling in April, so I don't think there will be a issue of Fog.

agantuk

Bhatakti Aatma
^ OK, now you need to be clear whether the train is at OLD Delhi or NEW Delhi. These are two different stations. If it is OLD Delhi, Nizamuddin will be nearer, and also more approachable.

maniaco

Regulars
See, Am just thinking of different options!Option 1: Flight landing at Delhi at 8:45AM and train from NZM is at 11 AM.Option 2: Flight lands at 6:30PM and train from Old Delhi railway station is at 10:20PM.

Sid

Sid
U can also take the metro till Indraprashtha (Blue Line) and get a auto or Bus to Nzm station (Sarai kaale khan), 10 mins journey from Indraprashtha.It would be better if you can call any cab service provider and ask them :)