Information post - going in circles

• Thread starter Thread starter rohitks
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 2,118
ISP
Airtel
Hi,
this is just FYI post. I know the what actions to take very well.
Recently my F670L router was replaced with another F670L with 16B locked FW. I have no interest to unlock it again but I requested 121 to enable bridge mode.
a few days went by and there was no response. Finally I followed up again and today i get following response.

bMxkqcD.png

I have marked it to net@airtel.com, let us see what they have to say. While previous escalation I had already told them that if my request for Bridge is not granted I will escalated to you again.
Airtel is predictable.

Yeah, had the same experience. 121@airtel.com will say bridge mode is not available, but same email to net@airtel.com will get bridge enabled. 😅

BTW after router change as setting it up as if it's a new connection I am back on public IP in pune.
I have rebooted router 2 - 3 times since then but everytime I get public IP.
This may be short lived but just wondering if it's random or has any co-relation with router change/set up like new connection request.

You will get a public IP for a while, and then the changes are pushed via TR-069 along with firmware upgrade

Airtel has been down for me for more than 14 days; no resolution, the ticket is still in open status, and no updates either.
Every time I call Airtel CCs are like, please give us 24 hours, please give us 4 hours, the ticket has been escalated, we are looking at the concerned team, etc. etc.
Even right now, the Internet is down and I have been credited 50% (including GST) amount of my monthly plan and an extra 100Mb 30d plan voucher. But no resolution regardless.

I think they are extremely understaffed in bigger cities? Here everything is so fast. Even though the guy did complain that there are a lot of new connections these days

Not seeing such issues with other ISPs, especially Jio and Jiofiber has the most customers almost 75%+. No one complains there, nor there are any such headaches.
And it's not like airtel is some illiterate small company like excitel. They know what they are doing.

Its hard to tell from a user point of view how the mysterious airtel backend works. 😂 I don't know why they assign a public IP first.