• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 7,745

nuclearsam

Regulars
ISP
MTNL, Airtel, Excitel, Jio Fibre
Hi,
I need some info about the FTTH connection in Delhi..
A. How they are installing the FTTH service:

[*]Do they install optical fibre till my router or they have some junction boxes installed in each location and from there they install copper wires ?
[*]If they are installing Fibre till the end user's router, which device(s) they use to connect the optical fibre to computer ethernet port?
[*]Do they install fibre in loops or one way connections ?
[/list]B. How is the connectivity and reliability:

[*]Is the connectivity reliable? or there are problem of disconnections like normal copper wire broadband ?
[*]what is the average ping time to servers in India and in US ? Can someone give the pingtest.net and speedtest.net results ?
[*]What is the observed uptime ?
[*]in case of any problem in connectivity, what is the response time and recovery time of complaints ?
[/list]
Any more details would be highly appreciated. I am looking to install high speed fibre network for my small sized business.. my requirement is for higher upload speed (preferable more than 1 mbps) and reliable connectivity. If you can suggest any other provider then please let me know.

TIA
Sam

1. The OFC will be present till the ONT (router)
2. ONT. Has rj45 ports for ethernet cables and an rj11 port for a telephone.
3. idk
See if TATA SME (over fibre) is available at your premises as an alternate option.
Read past threads on mtnl ftth.

Thanks for quick reply. I think MTNL FTTH will work for me.
I have 2 MTNL connection, 1st for calling and broadband and 2nd for IPTV (by Aksh ). Can i get FTTH on any of these existing number or I have to take another connection for this. Do they include Calling features with FTTH ?
How can I switch to FTTH IPTV from normal copper wire IPTV ? Do i need to pay security and cost for STB again ?