Info needed reg. new EVDO connection in Chennai (MMDA- Arumbakkam)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
Reliance Netconnect+ and Airtel Broadband
Hi all !!!

I am looking for a new EVDO Dongle connection. I have registered online in the BSNL Udaan project. I have a few doubts that i would like to clarify with the BSNL Users in and around my locality - Chennai

1.I have a tower within 800 m of my home , will the dongle be able to at-least receive 1Mpbs Download speed with a ping less than 100ms ?.
2. Is the 700 RS postpaid plan really without any FUP ??
3. I am currently using AC2736 ZTE Reliance Netconnect + dongle in TP-Link MR-3220 3G router.. are the dongles provided by bsnl compatible with this router ?
4. Last , what is the cost and the model no. of the postpaid dongle ?

I looked into the pdf earlier.. Quite dosent make sense to me :sweating:.. I could only figure out that 1200 for dongle and 750 something for ultd plan

I am a regular broadband user, dont use the EVDO.
AFAIK there is no FUP, based on what I read and also what a couple of other members on the forum have reported before.

Some guy in Flipkart reviews has tried to give a compatibility list for your router & i guess BSNL will give one of the modems listed. You can check out the reviews section below.
TP-LINK TL-MR3220 3G/4G Wireless N Router - TP-LINK: Flipkart.com

Thanks .. Do you know anybody in the forum on BSNL EVDO from Chennai ?

Not that I personally remember. Maybe someone will respond here in 1-2 days....

Hey there,I'm from ayanavaram.
I'm using evdo since about 8-10 months.
Answering a few of your questions,
1.distance from Tower really doesn't guarantee anything for real time experience, only way to get it confirmed is test it out. However it does give you a positive theoretical probability.
(My friends who is well within the bts tower representative circle gets about 20kbps speed, where I'm like outside the representative coverage area on their site while I get decent speeds)
Their website is kinda not updated, and your speed also depends upon your location, place where you set up the device, bts load as in congestion etc.
2. I'm sure you cannot expect pings less than 100 24*7 and to all servers.
Maybe to Indian servers and few others occasionally.
Usually during good time is between 80-300 mostly under 200.
3. I wouldn't recommend you to go for the device bsnl provides since Mr3220 has too many reports of not working for with prithvi modem or otherwise, instead get a Ac2766.
Bsnl modem also doesn't provide as good signals/speed as mts and also overheats within 30 mins-1hr of use.

I personally have prithvi and mts 2766 alongside an iball wireless n router.
Speeds are usually between 1-2.6mbps and more than sufficient for downloading like 100 gigs a month.
I use it alongside a smart tv 46' and YouTube streams 720p without buffering occasionally when speeds are stable.
However I've set it to 360p by default and no issues at all.
4.With bsnl s official device ( prithvi ue100)you would be charged about 1200-1500, I'm not sure though regarding availability since most bsnl offices say out of stock.
On eBay mts 2766 costs about 1399 (I bought it off seller named Braham if I guess right from delhi)
Also confirm with seller on bsnl evdo compatibility and your Wifi router Compatibility.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.