• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 47,367

appus

The Real
ISP
BSNL Broadband -Home 500C
Friends,

If you are in Bangalore, and still not able to find where to go when, here are some information I could gather. It may be of some help.
I had a very bad experience calling 1800 424 1600 for even booking complaints. They put us for hold more than hours. (gets disconnected after 30 min). so we need to call 3-4 times to talk to them.

If you want to register complaints if your internet is not working, please call the number (first four digit of your telephone number + 2198)

ie , if your telephone is 2574 1234, dial 2574 2198.

You need docket number for everything including reduction in bill (if your internet is not working for days). Calling 1500 is mainly for phone complaints and they wont be able to give a docket number.

Or you can book complaints thru
BSNL Customer Care

If you want to see your land line bills, then please logon to
Welcome to Bangalore Telecom District website

Suppose you are fed-up and want to talk to the Area Manager, Sub-divisional Engineer or Customer Relation Officer, you may go to BSNL office in Yediyur. The people over there are very friendly. They even told me they can deduct the rent for which I wasn’t able to use broadband. We must register the complaint to avail this.

Customer relation officer told me that even they don’t know who is sitting in customer care. “We have given to some BPO. They don’t know any technical things, they are only to register the complaint and inform the higher people. We also don’t know where and who they are ”.

If you have any doubts, please post. i will try my best to help !!

Hello,
Thanks for all the info you provided in ur post.

I have applied for BSNL broad band connection one and half month back but till now i have not got the connection and it is very difficult to get any status about my application. I tried up calling customer care but never i was successful to get connected to those ppl.
I am really not getting a way that how exactly i can follow this up and what i can do nxt to get the connection available.😕

Could you please suggest me some way to get rid out of this problem.:wall:

--
Regards,
Bhuvan

go to the nearest telephone exchange (local exchange) and ask them ! I have asked my local exchange people (only two three people there in that) told me to book in Customer Service Center and been to Jayanagar (we have in koramanagala, btm layout). And after booking the connection, took that to nearest exchange and next day they said it is pending at outdoor and any time they will come n fix.... and second day i got the telephone and in a week the broadband !! so better to approach with the local exchange people (be polite to them.. eventhough u r not in a position to) and ask them about the status by showing the paper.. .keep calling 'SIR' 'SIR' for security guy also.. it is our need.. so we have to 🙂all the best

members/bhuvanmehta/
Welcome to Broadbandforum.in
Send an email to dednwbb@sancharnet.in to expedite your BB connection .
quoting references about your application. and the other inordinate delay. and details of your telephone number , nearest Exchange etc. ( Don't expect a reply. contact local exchange for progress.).

thanks a lot buddies for quick reply, let me try this out .. hope this will work 🙂 --Thanks and Regards,Bhuvan

where do the bangalore east exchange located? NIB-II datacentre is located in that exchange.

Hi.I just shifted to bangalore(Might be a 2 month stay).I'm living in Hoodi, 4Km from KRpuram Railway station.(towards white field)I dont know exactly , but i think i shud get my broadband connection from WhiteField Exchange(is it there).There is a customer care center at KRPuram.Please suggest me what to do to get a broadband connection very fastly.I dont have a landline connection also.and i might go for any unlimited plan.If anyone has any idea, please tell me whats my nearest exchange, i'm new to bangalore.I need to use a wifi modem, also suggest me, should i go for the BSNL wifi modem or shall i purchase one for myself, if so where can i find these stores to purchase modem.

Rammurthy nagar
Rammurthy Nagar Tel Excg Bld
K R Puram
B'lore-16
Mr. Sarangan
(SDE)

New Line Registration, Broadband Service, Bill Payment, Duplicate Bills, Enquiry, CLIP Instruments, Maintenance of Local Call PCOs, Sancharnet Cards, ITC Cards, Recharge Coupon for Mobile, Application for New lines, Transfer, Shift etc.

i think it's not concern to exchange. go to krpuram csc. try to submit app there.
Source : Bangalore Telecom - tenders
NOTE : dont take modems supplied by bsnl 😡 useless modems and capped streams

@Vissu
Thanks for the reply.

I needed an internet connection, and on 23rd took BSNL EVDO , that is the fastest way to get a new internet connection in bangalore.My device started working from 24th may.
You can see the download speed is very good compared to the cost of only Rs550 a month.
But i need upload speeds, (for voice and video chats). BSNL EVDO does not offer any good upload speeds.I got to know this after i took the connection. Now I'm planning for some wired broadband.(only for upload speeds).and will terminate this evdo connection once i get a wired broadband.

Today, just before writing this post, I applied online for BSNL broadband immediately called 1500. and told that I applied online for new broadband connection. Got a reply that i will get the connection within 10 days.
I didnot believe this and thats the reason i'm posting this here immediately.

In bangalore, where can i find shops that sell Wifi Modems?
And How much does a Wifi Modem(any basic one) cost?

In bangalore, where can i find shops that sell Wifi Modems?
And How much does a Wifi Modem(any basic one) cost?

sorry.. didnt see the post ....
wifi router/modem from bsnl costs you 1800.. In the market also it costs around 1500 if you want a decent one.

You can go to SP Road (near corporation circle, on the way to majestic), and bargain 5-6 shops .. and get a best deal on it !! you get the cheapest price in SP road (with warranty) !!

by the way...

You get two websites if you type http :// bangaloretelecom. com
and http :// www . bangaloretelecom. com

If you want to see your telephone bill, then type with www
If you want to know about bsnl general info, then type without www (just http) !!

crazyyy !!

/members/bhargawa/1Better try BSNL wifi modem first on rent.2.Option to exchange it any time !3 Option to buy at a later date ( in working condition ) less 50% of rental paid.( Ref FAQ 45 Bsnl site)

I have a very big problem recently. Initially I was in UL 750PLUS plan. I wanted to change to Home 500c. So on 15th july i gave an application to the local exchange i am under saying that i need a plan change from UL750PLUS to Home500c from 1st August 2008. After processing the application i asked the lady when the plan change will happen. See told from next month. Since i was under heavy unlimited plan i was downloading heavily. On 24th i was trying to figure out my dataone portal ID and password.(Since i was under unlimited plan till now i never used to check my usage. But now from next month onwards since i am changing to only Night unlimited plan i thought let me get everything ready like portal ID and password.)When i figured it out finally and when i logged in i saw that my plan had changed. And when i checked my usage they say i have used more than 8GB chargeable units. And the best part was my speed didnt change. (Had the speed changed i could have figured out my plan might have changed.) When i had asked to change plan from august they changed it before that(that too a random date-20th july without informing me of change.) and say that since i used that much data i should pay up.On 25th morning i went to my exchange(malleshwaram,Bangalore)and told this. Then they were telling that plan change will occur only from first of next month without even bothering to check had a plan change occurred. After arguing for half an hour they finally checked and said that it has occurred on 23rd july(In my usage account it is shown that plan change occurred on 20th as they are charging me for the units consumed from 20th). Then i spoke the SDE there and he told he cant help this and asked me to meet The customer service Manager of North division. So in the afternoon i went to meet the customer service manager. That lady is saying i should pay up since i used those units. After telling that my change of date was supposed to be 1st august and its their fault changing plan in between month and without any warning. I also told about the Low speed which i was getting which led me to think that i was in my old plan only. After arguing for 1 hour she said will see it after bill comes and cant do anything before the bill come. I know she just said that to get rid of me and she never intend to do anything about this. Their service sucks.. Looks i will be going to consumer court next month.

Rammurthy nagar
Rammurthy Nagar Tel Excg Bld
K R Puram
B'lore-16
Mr. Sarangan
(SDE)

New Line Registration, Broadband Service, Bill Payment, Duplicate Bills, Enquiry, CLIP Instruments, Maintenance of Local Call PCOs, Sancharnet Cards, ITC Cards, Recharge Coupon for Mobile, Application for New lines, Transfer, Shift etc.

i think it's not concern to exchange. go to krpuram csc. try to submit app there.
Source : Bangalore Telecom - tenders
NOTE : dont take modems supplied by bsnl 😡 useless modems and capped streams

ramamurthy nagar is very waste they dont cooperae even in k r puram i go to banaswadi for all my problems or i will call PGM