Info for people in Bangalore about BSNL office&complaints

• Thread starter Thread starter appus
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 47,383
I got the BFone connection within 02 days, got BB activated within week. Mine plan is 'Home 500'. Speed is good (With good # of seeds, I'm getting average speed of 210 - 240 kBps in torrent). I'm planning to shift to 'Home 500 C+' plan but have seen so many complaints about plan change, I'm bit confused whether continue with existing plan or ask to change it (It'll save 80 Rs per month). BSNL speed is good but like other PSU, BSNL post service is pathetic. Most of CC guys are technically dumb. But my overall experience with BSNL is good. When ever I had problem, CC guy couldn't help but after visiting BSNL Service Center, got resolved.

You can call 1500 and ask for plan change. Ask the person (normally ladies) name and confirmation number. (toll free). Ask on 29th or 30th the same thing and make sure ur plan will be changed.. call again on 1st or 2nd of the next month and ask the same.. 🙂

You can call 1500 and ask for plan change. Ask the person (normally ladies) name and confirmation number. (toll free). Ask on 29th or 30th the same thing and make sure ur plan will be changed.. call again on 1st or 2nd of the next month and ask the same.. 🙂

Will give a try. Thanks

hey m a new member.M getting error 691 from the past one month.can't connect the internet.My area JTO says that since I had logged in the portal ID from my office the bangalore tech guys mst have blocked or freezed my account!!! WTF!!M running from the past one month after these BSNL guys to get my connection done bt of no avail.forgot to mention..........bt i did not change my password either

@sharad_vijayan
Access internet from somewhere else.
If you have the 14digit portal and userID
open your usage Pages and re enter
your old password
again and try.
from the telephone number
where you were originally
registered.

OR access the modem and
change to "Always On"
mode
Post ipconfig/all data of your computer.
Para twO:
If you had registered a complaint, your bill
for Jan 2009 should not include BB charges.
as you claim BSNL has blocked access.

Para three :
Difficult to scroll this page. and your problem does
not link here.
Open a new thread "error 691 problem"
Make an online complaint. Be brief.
http://www.bangaloretelecom.com/dataone/dataone_compl.php

try accessing your account usage from a friend's pc..

appus said:
Friends,

If you are in Bangalore, and still not able to find where to go when, here are some information I could gather. It may be of some help.
I had a very bad experience calling 1800 424 1600 for even booking complaints. They put us for hold more than hours. (gets disconnected after 30 min). so we need to call 3-4 times to talk to them.

If you want to register complaints if your internet is not working, please call the number (first four digit of your telephone number + 2198)

ie , if your telephone is 2574 1234, dial 2574 2198.

You need docket number for everything including reduction in bill (if your internet is not working for days). Calling 1500 is mainly for phone complaints and they wont be able to give a docket number.

Or you can book complaints thru
BSNL Customer Care

If you want to see your land line bills, then please logon to
Welcome to Bangalore Telecom District website

Suppose you are fed-up and want to talk to the Area Manager, Sub-divisional Engineer or Customer Relation Officer, you may go to BSNL office in Yediyur. The people over there are very friendly. They even told me they can deduct the rent for which I wasn’t able to use broadband. We must register the complaint to avail this.

Customer relation officer told me that even they don’t know who is sitting in customer care. “We have given to some BPO. They don’t know any technical things, they are only to register the complaint and inform the higher people. We also don’t know where and who they are ”.

If you have any doubts, please post. i will try my best to help !![/QUOTE

[/COLOR]I changed my bsnl BB plan from UL750 to 500 plan with a limit of 2.5GB. I have used well under the 2.5gb limit. But still I got a bill of additnl usage of Rs.4500.
For 1st 5 days of the month I had the same plan i.e 750 Unlimited plan.And it got changed to 500 plan from 6th of the month.But still the chargeable unit was 2478MB.
When I asked the CRO(Customer Relationship Ofiicer), she said b'coz of the plan change I need not refer the portal ID for that month and for the following months the bills will be proper.
I tried to convince her that I was well below the limit and there is no need to pay any extra amount,
She said that for that month the bill will taken as
[total usage(mb)-total free usage from 2am-8am(mb)-2.5gb].
I mean I could not understand in what world they charge like this.
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME.PLZ TELL ME WHAT TO DO. i'M NOT GETTIN ANY HELP FROM BSNL.

For online complaints.
Welcome to Bangalore Telecom District website

http://i10.tinypic.com/6q2wfip.jpg

Edit your message and delete the additional three more identical message.

ANY tariff plan wint NU will show 0
usage between 0200 and 0800am.

If the times overlap say 0145 to 0215 usage will be charged.
or even 1200- to 0245 .
Better to switch off MODEM around 0155 Am
restart again 0205.
Again switch off Modem around 0755.
In the summary chargeable units shown say 2778 MB dor Home 500 plan
free allowance for FULL month 2.5GB= 2560 MB is deducted and you
have to pay for 118 MB . @ 80 paise /MB.
Since your old plan was also unlimited , that usage is also not included.
She said that for that month the bill will taken as
[total usage(MB)-total free usage from 2am-8am(MB)-2.5GB= 2560 MB].
CORRECT>
REPORT what is the actual figure shown in
summary is top last column
2478 MB or something else ?

What is the BB usage charged ?
750/30= Rs 25 perday Rs 125 for 5 days.
500/30= Rs 16.50 perday c for 25 days = Rs 413/= total APPROX Rs 538/= or flat Rs 500/= ?

Take a print out of the full month's usage.
Meet the A.O and explain, how you are overcharged.

Thank you for the reply essbebe, The total amount i was charged is Rs.5478.It says in the bill that: Total Addl.usage Jun-09 10125Mb. 7565mb= Rs.4236.40 Discount on bbusg: Rs.1815.6Does this make any sense?she said 10125mb is total usage. whereas in my portal id it says 86714.31mb.and that 7565mb is what i hv used in the night i.e 2-8 am. {{1}} Is she right in saying that only this type of billing is done for this month(i.e month where plan is changed).?? {{2}} Or shall I got to the Consumer Forum?????.plzzz guide me .I'm lost in a world of money snatchers{{3}}And what if I don't pay the bill ever??

Thank you for the reply essbebe,
The total amount i was charged is Rs.5478.
It says in the bill that:
Total Addl.usage
Jun-09 10125Mb. 7565mb= Rs.4236.40
Discount on bbusg: Rs.1815.6

Does this make any sense?
she said 10125mb is total usage. whereas in my portal id it says 86714.31mb.
and that 7565mb is what i hv used in the night i.e 2-8 am.

{{1}} Is she right in saying that only this type of billing is done for this month(i.e month where plan is changed).??

{{2}} Or shall I got to the Consumer Forum?????.plzzz guide me .I'm lost in a world of money snatchers

{{3}}And what if I don't pay the bill ever??

Bill is in order.
You have to take a print out of the full month's bill showing details day by day.
Save it to a memory stick and get a print from internet cafe.

See the over lapping time periods
where your Night time usage is also counted.

Normally downloads between 0200-0800 will show 0 in last column.

If you don't pay line will be disconnected and
will get legal notice after about 6 months or one year.

Para two
she said 10125MB is total usage.
whereas in my portal id it says 86714.31MB
and that 7565mb is what i hv used in the night i.e 2-8 am.

Post screen shot of at least last ten days usage
details along with summary on top.
Blank your user id etc.

Upload at tinypic.com
give the link here.

Try to appeal for waiver claiming "ignorance "

Did you use a automatic scheduler for NU ?

http://www.bangaloretelecom.com/query.php?op=ds2