Inferior quality HD boxes of TATA SKY

• Thread starter Thread starter Vikas27
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 1,683

Vikas27

ISP
TATA Sky
Hi,We purchased Tata Sky connection a month back. We took two connections. one HD and the other non HD. The non HD is working perfectly fine but the HD box is giving problems since day 1. Repeated requests at their call center for rectifying the box has fallen on deaf years. Though the technician has replaced the HD box twice with very old used boxes but none of the box worked for more than a day!!! Infact the third box that he installed stopped working immediately in his presence. TATA sky does not have any service agreement with the customer. The issue is that there is no way you can escalate your complaint as their website gives only one call centre number and one e-mail id, both of which are useless.My advice....keep away from TATA sky

Whats the problem you are facing with respect to HD box...

Whats the problem you are facing with respect to HD box...

The box does not switch on easily. We have to retry at least 2-3 times to switch on the box every time.
Even if it switches on, more problems surface, such as: sometimes no menu option is visible on pressing buttons such as "Guide", "Organizer", etc. On switching off and on multiple times, the menu options were visible again.
Even the Channel UP/DOWN stops working momentarily, on a few occasions.
Current status: No signals on HD box since last Friday i.e 3rd Nov'12 (whereas non HD box on my other TV is working perfectly) . After 5-6 calls at call center an engineer visited on Sunday afternoon but even he could not identify the problem. The engineer tried replacing HDMI cable as well but it didn't work...and no body is bothered about the inconvenience caused to the costumes...that is after we have paid a total of Rs 11,000/- to Tata Sky!!! So if you don't want to loose your money...

Did you try changing the remote?
That's the first thing we tried. The last (second hand, old n repaired) HD box provided to us by Tata Sky has a power on button as well but even that doesn't work.

I had the same problem with my new TS HD+ STB they changed 3 - 4 times and finally i was lucky to get a good STB....after 7 months faced the same issue and this time had to change 6 - 7 STBs to get the right one...for some unlucky people this happens...For any further issues you can get in touch with TS CCOO office @ 08066233000 and ask for MINI...

Hi ajurav007,Thanks for the prompt reply. I have just seen your thread "Email sent by me to the CCOO of TS". Thanks for providing me the lead and let me see if Ms Mini is able to sort out the issue. But coming to think of it, if this is the quality of HD box Tata Sky is selling, I wonder how so many +ve feedbacks are there regarding TATA Sky on internet!! Are they self created by TATA Sky?

Wrong time to be buying STBs, when there is demand, all QC failed boxes will be pushed out as well.

The fact is that now since digitization had become mandatory in metros, the DTH companies are selling substandard quality of set top boxes to earn maximum profits. They know that by the time information about bad quality of their boxes will spread amongst customers, the companies would have already en-cashed the opportunity!!