IndusInd Bank

Opening a bank account solely for interest rates may not be a good option as well, because all are luring with attractive rates and reducing it in 6 months and a year etc. Service, availability and other features also need to be looked at.

I know it's not practical, but banks should not be allowed to change the rate so frequently especially if RBI is not changing the relevant rates so drastically. It's like false advertising.

Lol. It's down again right now.

I mean is it trying to compete with SBI? I mean they might beat it if they try harder as SBI has improved a bit now.

Indusind serious have some issues. I got my CC made. They entered my CA email ID as mine and entered some other name in my mother's name. When I tried to complain, no one gives a damn. I tried to complain to cluster head and even MD office but no response.

Indusind opened my account with just my ‘Middle Names’. Took me some effort to get it sorted.

My email to MD office
I am writing this email after exhausting all my options. Here is my ordeal:-

I visited your Sector 50 Noida branch on 25th Nov 2021 for a Credit Card. I was offered Signature Legend card with a Joining fee of Rs15000 and Zero Renewal Fee. I asked if there is any way of getting this card without the Joining Fee and this was declined. I told them that I am interested in the card and how can this be processed.
I was asked to sign the application form and along with that, they took copies of my aadhar card and Pan card. I also provided digital copy of ITR and statement of my HDFC credit card for card on card basis. The staff member Ms. Divya Chhabra took the rest of the details from me.

On 2nd December received a call from Divya to send her my HDFC bank credit card photograph on WhatsApp as there was a hold on the application, which I did. On the same day I asked her information about Pioneer banking which she was not confident and offered call back from Pioneer banker but that materialized on 7th December.

My first follow up on the application status was on 14th December. This was through a WhatsApp message to Divya and I received a reply "Plz wait sir". My second followup was on 21st December on call and I was told to contact Ms Yani Jain from the credit card team as she is the one who is handling it. Yani did not answer the call on 21st December but did answer on 22nd December to which she hung up the call that she will call me back in 5 mins with the updated status. When I did not receive a response from her, I tried to reach out to her again and she did not answer my calls and subsequently blocked my number. I followed up with Divya and she got the update that application is under last stage of processing on 24th December.

Subsequently, my application was approved on 27th December. I called up customer care to enquire about my credit limit and the agent was not able to verify my mother name because the name in the application has been mentioned of someone else. When I logged into the netbanking, I found that email ID updated in the records is not mine but that of my CA!

I visited the branch next day and I was told my Mr. Brijesh that we are getting this done from backend and it will be completed by day end. Next day, I called up Mr Brijesh and he told me it is updated in backed and it will take some time to update in frontend and he will call me in 5 mins to update.

During the above fiasco, I had asked Divya to share the number of BM but she never did. So when I found that details in my application have been filled incorrectly, I called up Divya to obtain the cluster head number which she flatly refused and made me talk to her senior and he tried to pursuade me not to talk to CH but on my insistence, asked Divya to share the number.

I was given the number of Mr Srikant Yadav. I called him up and narrated my ordeal, to which he said, he will get this checked and get back to me. As I was waiting for his call, I got a call from Mr Saurabh Nagpal and asked me what happened and promised a call back at 11:30 AM the subsequent day. There was no callback and when I called him, he told me he is still checking what has happened. Again, there was no callback and again on call, I was told that we have raised a request to update email ID internally. The email ID was subsequently updated after few days.

My brother approached your Mumbai Branch for the same credit card, and he was told that if monthly salary is above 50K, there is no joining fee and same was confirmed to him on email.

I called up Divya and Brijesh to ascertain if this is true, but they flatly refused. I called up Saurabh and he told me he will get this checked. Next day, I visited the branch and Mr. Saurabh told me that this could be a regional offer. I asked him when he would be able to confirm if this is under special offer and his response was " This is our response".

During all these days, Mr Srikant, never tried to contact me to check if my grievances have been resolved or not. I tried to reach Mr. Srikant on multiple occasions on call but he refused to take my calls. Yesterday, I sent him an SMS to ask for his superior email ID and if he fails to provide me one, I will send my grievances to MD office. He responded on SMS that "Amit Regional Sales Manager would call me immediately". Even after 2 follow-ups with him, there has been no call and no further replies.

I am both happy and disappointed. Happy because I did not start my banking relationship with your bank and sad because I obtained a credit card from your bank. Your staff "Divya, Yani, Brijesh. Saurabh, Srikant" have either lied or made false promises. Since so many staff members have behaved in such a fashion, it appears to me that this is how the bank functions, and it is the normal culture at this bank. If I shall not receive a response within 24 hours and have my grievances resolved, I will be compelled to get in touch with RBI Ombudsman.

Their response on my email:

Please permit us to clarify:
  • Basis your request, IndusInd Bank Signature Legend credit card was issued to you in the month of December 2021.
  • The card was issued against a card joining fees of INR 15,000.00 along with applicable tax billed on 4th January 2022.
  • As per the fee plan opted by you, you are eligible for Vouchagram gift voucher code worth INR 15,000.00 against the fee.
  • We regret to note that your experience has not been commensurate with what we strive to provide. We assure you that we have corrected practices and will strive to deliver the best in class service expected of us.
  • We sincerely hope that your IndusInd Bank credit card will provide exceptional value and you would enjoy the privileges of using the IndusInd Bank credit card.
You can see how they refused to even acknowledge the issues raised. I plan to close this card after about an year.

IndusInd ATM in my area is another wonderful giant paperweight. Remains non functional for days regularly. Latest streak is going on currently for more than a week it seems...

I wonder if atm transactions on IndusInd debit cards are still completely free on third party ATMs or they have started charging for them.

Another scam is the 10k limit on withdrawal from third party ATMs. If you are charging for ATM usage, at least remove these shitty limits.

IndusInd ATM in my area is another wonderful giant paperweight.
This is the case for axis bank as well India's 3rd largest bank and have insane annual fee for debit cards compared to other banks but don't have the decency to do a basic service like fill an ATM with money.

yeah. thankfully my local market has like 15 banks so there is always an atm i can go to. but still annoying. yes bank incredibly has been very consistent with the uptime of their atm machines. i always end up going there as the second option. idfc is another one whose atm remains down most of the times i went to.

IndusInd ATM in my area is another wonderful giant paperweight. Remains non functional for days regularly. Latest streak is going on currently for more than a week it seems...

I wonder if atm transactions on IndusInd debit cards are still completely free on third party ATMs or they have started charging for them.

Another scam is the 10k limit on withdrawal from third party ATMs. If you are charging for ATM usage, at least remove these shitty limits.
Wait RBI should fine these ppl for the ATM downtime right ? Heard somewhere about it

Not sure when but highest fd interest rate is down to 6% now on IndusInd. 6.5% for senior citizens.