IndiGo Airlines News & Updates

as much i know, these all r just bogus schemes, to lure the customer...like u'd have to book a ticket around 6 months in advance and there r very less seats at the mentioned prices...then u don't get food/beverages on board...so it's more like a flying train...try sahara or jet...or may be kingfisher if u wanna see good chicks 😉

i am not talking about getting cheap tickets on them. a friend is traveling on them next week and wanted to know how is the experience traveling in them compared to others like goair and dhakkan airlines.

QUOTE(coolbuddy_79 @ Jan 18 2007, 02:35 PM) [snapback]75801[/snapback]
as much i know, these all r just bogus schemes, to lure the customer...like u'd have to book a ticket around 6 months in advance and there r very less seats at the mentioned prices...then u don't get food/beverages on board...so it's more like a flying train...try sahara or jet...or may be kingfisher if u wanna see good chicks 😉[/b]
umm, don't know where you are coming from, but it adds to my feeling that people in our country can be really dumb about the concept of no-frills airlines, not to mention under some foolish impression that businesses are out there to do social service and not for profit.... I booked my ticket on Indigo about 2-3 weeks before departure and got a decent price... nothing to write home about, but decent. Yes, you don't get food as part of your fare. You can buy snacks (which will be expensive of course). The only thing that you get for free is water (and you can get it as many times as you want). If that is a major point of contention for a person then one of the following must be true:
[*]He/She is a 200kg fatty who can't live 3 hours without a meal, and moreover is too lazy to carry snacks/food himself/herself.
[*]He/She does not understand what "no-frills" means.
[*]He/She is a whiny b*tch.
[*]All of the Above.
[/list]But as far as the "flying train" reference goes, I'm a little surprised because the service in trains is soooo much better than in any airlines!!

Edit: Sorry, forgot to answer Sushubh''s question as I got caught up in my rant. Both times I flew Indigo airlines I got a very pleasant experience with them. The cabin crew is very friendly and courteous even when dealing with *ssholes. Their ground staff also is very polite and helpful. So no problems. I don't fly very much so can't give you a comparison with other budget airlines though, sorry.

When one is paying low I don't mind having no food etc on plane... U get wht u pay for... But planes MUST be properly maintained..... I travelled by air-deccan once and it's shaking windows reminded me of times when we used to travel to our college in those DTC buses 🙂

oh, wow!! how come i missed this post!!!anyhow vebmetal, what i'd like to say to what u said is that may be u're super intelligent, but most of the people who don't fly too much (but do want to fly) are unaware of these things...and yeah, i'd like to state here that even i'm one of the frequent fliers...anyhow, coming back to what u're saying, everyone knows that they're not here for social service, but have u seen them saying out loud what all they "DON'T" offer??? my point was that one should be very careful to do good research before opting for these airlines...as far as food is concerned, i guess if u have an early morning flight, u'd rather opt for having it on flight than worrying about carrying it urself...regading the flying train, i wasn't referring to the quality of service or anything, what i meant was that it's more like travelling in a train with your food and other things ready...if that makes sense...in reference to being a whiny b*tch, one thing that i've noticed till now that u usually try to make others' point wrong and your point right...so wonder what that is...anyhow, i think we're here to rant about the ISPs and all, not at each other...but at the end of the day, the choice is yours...enjoy!!! 😀

umm. guys please avoid personal confrontations. i hope i used the correct word. 😕

con·fron·ta·tion (k¼n”fr¾n-t³“sh…n) n. 1. The act of confronting or the state of being confronted, especially a meeting face to face. 2.a. A conflict involving armed forces: a nuclear confrontation. b. Discord or a clash of opinions and ideas: an age of ideological confrontation. 3. A focused comparison: an essay that brought elements of biography, autobiography, and general European history into powerful, meaningful confrontation. --con”fron·ta“tion·al adj. --con”fron·ta“tion·ist n. --con“fron·ta”tive adj.i guess u're quite there 😉

I had booked two tickets from Bangalore to Kochi on the inagural day of Bangalore's new international airport( 24th May 2008). Departure time was given as 9.30 AM. I reached the airport at 8.30 and finished security check by 9.00. Till 10.30 there were no annoncements about the flight and not even one Indigo staff was available. Atlast by 10.30 flight number got displayed and 2-3 staff came. initially the gate number was given as 4 and later they changed it as 3 and finally we went throguh gate number 6. 😛 Forget every thing till now... we all got into the flight by 11.00 AM. There were usual announcements ...Thanks for boarding air indigo... I am the cheif air hostess blah.. blah..blah.. We all were waiting and there was no sign of take off. All the other flights were operating without any issues. At 12.20 PM the @$$hole cheif pilot says the delay is due to some technical reasons. At last flight took off at 12.50... And here are the reasons (which we came to know later from the staff)1. We forgot to take the hardcopy of the permission to operate from the new airport.2. We don't have ladder, so had to wait to get the ladder from Indian Airlines3. As today is the first day of the new airport, we faced some other issues as well. But what about other operators like KingFisher and Jet Airways etc.. all were on time..and they didn't forget anything.. It's not just about the time that we lost but about the reasons what they gave for the delay... Who the hell is accountable for that..? And when they are gonna learn to have a proper flight plan..? Their website says that they were awarded “Best Low Fare Carrier in India for the year 2007”. But the best suited award for them will be the "Best Low Performance Carrier in India". 😛 - Naison Garvasis Pekkattil

I travelled by Indigo from Bangalore to Kolkota.. the flight was just 10 min delayed as it was a connecting flight, I had booked around 3 weeks in advance..It was nice experience for me..the flight was clean and the seats were also hygiene.. not dirty like Dakkan airlines..

That is something am looking forward to, I would be travelling by Indigo next week to Delhi,.Will keep you guys updated !

That's an incorrect claim on part of the airline..coz its not completely fog proof as Delhi airport doesnt have Cat III C ILS which allows landings with 0 RVR and No DH ; the ILS that delhi airport has is Cat III B which allows landings with minimum 50 M visibility (RVR) and DH of 35 feet, provided that the crew has requisite ratings Thus when there is zero visibility due to fog there is no airline international or Indian that can land or takeoff but days with such severe fog are comparatively less in the foggy season.