IndiGo Airlines News & Updates

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
IndiGo airlines get their first Airbus A320 delivered
IndiGo is one of the newer entrants in the budget airline market in India and they have just received the delivery of their first brand new Airbus A320 aircraft.
The company took the delivery of this craft at the Airbus factory at Toulouse (France).
IndiGo had placed orders for [...]

http://business.techwhack.co/1003/indigo-...es-airbus-a320/

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
Indigo Airlines to join the Indian skies this week
Indian aviation industry has seen such a massive boom in the recent years and it is continuing to see more players joining the fray.
Indigo Airlines is going to become the latest player in the already cluttered Indian budget aviation market.
The company would be flying its first [...]

http://business.techwhack.co/1005/indigo-airlines-india-2/

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
IndiGo plans to serve 30 cities by the end of the decade
IndiGo is the latest entrant in the Indian low cost domestic airline market and the company has now said that they plan to serve 30 cities in the country by the end of the decade.
The company is going to use a fleet of 40 [...]

http://business.techwhack.co/1210/indigo-...-of-the-decade/

coolbuddy_79

The Coolest One!!!
Regulars
Jan 30, 2005
as much i know, these all r just bogus schemes, to lure the customer...like u'd have to book a ticket around 6 months in advance and there r very less seats at the mentioned prices...then u don't get food/beverages on board...so it's more like a flying train...try sahara or jet...or may be kingfisher if u wanna see good chicks ;)

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
i am not talking about getting cheap tickets on them. a friend is traveling on them next week and wanted to know how is the experience traveling in them compared to others like goair and dhakkan airlines.

vebk

Mr. Advocate
Regulars
Jan 8, 2005
New Delhi
QUOTE(coolbuddy_79 @ Jan 18 2007, 02:35 PM) [snapback]75801[/snapback]
as much i know, these all r just bogus schemes, to lure the customer...like u'd have to book a ticket around 6 months in advance and there r very less seats at the mentioned prices...then u don't get food/beverages on board...so it's more like a flying train...try sahara or jet...or may be kingfisher if u wanna see good chicks ;)[/b]
umm, don't know where you are coming from, but it adds to my feeling that people in our country can be really dumb about the concept of no-frills airlines, not to mention under some foolish impression that businesses are out there to do social service and not for profit.... I booked my ticket on Indigo about 2-3 weeks before departure and got a decent price... nothing to write home about, but decent. Yes, you don't get food as part of your fare. You can buy snacks (which will be expensive of course). The only thing that you get for free is water (and you can get it as many times as you want). If that is a major point of contention for a person then one of the following must be true:
[*]He/She is a 200kg fatty who can't live 3 hours without a meal, and moreover is too lazy to carry snacks/food himself/herself.
[*]He/She does not understand what "no-frills" means.
[*]He/She is a whiny b*tch.
[*]All of the Above.
[/list]But as far as the "flying train" reference goes, I'm a little surprised because the service in trains is soooo much better than in any airlines!!

Edit: Sorry, forgot to answer Sushubh''s question as I got caught up in my rant. Both times I flew Indigo airlines I got a very pleasant experience with them. The cabin crew is very friendly and courteous even when dealing with *ssholes. Their ground staff also is very polite and helpful. So no problems. I don't fly very much so can't give you a comparison with other budget airlines though, sorry.

hitman

Regulars
May 10, 2005
New Delhi
When one is paying low I don't mind having no food etc on plane... U get wht u pay for... But planes MUST be properly maintained..... I travelled by air-deccan once and it's shaking windows reminded me of times when we used to travel to our college in those DTC buses :)

coolbuddy_79

The Coolest One!!!
Regulars
Jan 30, 2005
oh, wow!! how come i missed this post!!!anyhow vebmetal, what i'd like to say to what u said is that may be u're super intelligent, but most of the people who don't fly too much (but do want to fly) are unaware of these things...and yeah, i'd like to state here that even i'm one of the frequent fliers...anyhow, coming back to what u're saying, everyone knows that they're not here for social service, but have u seen them saying out loud what all they "DON'T" offer??? my point was that one should be very careful to do good research before opting for these airlines...as far as food is concerned, i guess if u have an early morning flight, u'd rather opt for having it on flight than worrying about carrying it urself...regading the flying train, i wasn't referring to the quality of service or anything, what i meant was that it's more like travelling in a train with your food and other things ready...if that makes sense...in reference to being a whiny b*tch, one thing that i've noticed till now that u usually try to make others' point wrong and your point right...so wonder what that is...anyhow, i think we're here to rant about the ISPs and all, not at each other...but at the end of the day, the choice is yours...enjoy!!! :D