Indias first internet plan by vsnl launched on august 15 1995!MUST READ

• Thread starter Thread starter sTrOnTiaBOnd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 2,769
I have mentioned this before - my brother took me along to an internet cafe in the mid-late 90s.. paid 150 rupees per hour.

Is it.. I thought it was mid to late 30s.. But then, I am unlikely to remember accurately.Edit: Realised you are talking about the article.

I miss the orgasmic noise of the dial up modem. *sigh*Remember putting a pillow on top of the modem to make sure my parents (in the adjacent room) did not realise I was switching on the internet late at night. Once connected the next hour or so was dedicated to ICQ and Desibaba. :-D

my modem had a volume control ...hahaha

well I use to pay VSNL some Rs999 for a 100 hr pack and on top of that phone bill used to be a bomb ..lol.... I remember when 1st or 2nd Harry potter mvoie came out there was one trailer that was uploaded .it was around 68MB ...I left the net on for like some 5hrs still did not download ...next day for entire night then I think it downloaded ...and the clip was like for 12 min...lol there was no ytube back then..even if it was still would have probably taken the same time 😛 Now anyhow I dont like Harry Potter movies at all...only like book series 😀btw we aren't that up on the net compared to other countries even now... net speeds are still pretty bad...here...P.S: my net is not working properly today and I am downloading at 9Kbps to 12Kbps speeds....what a timing of the thread 😛

Good old days.. I started with a 900B/s-1KB/s connection..@anant.del Are you sure about the 68MB? I think it was the whole movie 😛 LOL

Used to go to netcafe in 2000~2005 for playing flash games on cartoon network's website. loading one flash game used to eat up the whole hour and if we were lucky ..we played 2 flash games in one hour

I started off with a 33.6 kbps dial up modem way back in 1998. Man I miss that modem noise when it would connect via the phone line.

Started off with a VSNL Shell account in 1996 on a 14.4 kbps internal modem.The upgraded to a D-Link 33.6 and a 56 kbps modem later on. Still have the 56K at home 🙂Upgraded to cable internet in 2001 and have been on that and ADSL ever since.Had to surrender 3 land lines used for internet after I got hold of a cable internet connection!The lines were for business use.