India's COVID-19 Vaccination Drive

Have you taken the booster dose?

• Total voters
is covaxin good ,hearing people are not getting that much symptoms from this after taking, covidshied has fever hand pain etc
side effects are individual specific and depends on their own immune system. you will get the same type of side effects either with Covishield or Covaxin. My brother took covaxin he got fever, chills etc for 1-1.5 days.

The only thing with covaxin at present is that its not allowed for overseas travel. So that should be an imp deciding factor for those people who are planning go overseas in near future.

why covaxin is not fda approved till now, why other nation not allowing movement, in this way every nation will say take our vaccine then we will allow

is covaxin good ,hearing people are not getting that much symptoms from this after taking, covidshied has fever hand pain etc
Two of my relatives who have taken covishield have told me they've had strong side effects like fever, cold-like symptoms and malaise for a few days (after first dose itself). Meanwhile, me and my immediate family members who have taken covaxin have had literally no noticeable side effects except slight pain at the injection site and a bit of headache (which paracetamol took care of). On a side note, I remember reading that covishield mounts up to ten times more antibodies compared to covaxin, which could explain the side effects.

Although now I feel like I should've taken covishield instead because of it's quick approval for EU green pass..

88 lac doses today till now. Might be the first 90 lac plus day

What has happened to the Sputnik V vaccine? It was supposed to be supplying in bulk but its lagging behind. Got approved in April but still can't supply required stock. So much noise was made for Sputnik's approval. Covishield & Covaxin will have to take the burden of vaccinating entire nation.

So today more than 25L were administered in UP. Overall registration today on CoWin is much lower than doses administered. So all the doses even if walkin needs to be registered.

That indicates one of three things:
1) States do administer doses based on local priorities. For example, party workers get jabbed en masse without registrations due to, well politics. It happens in rural areas and is generally considered under wastage by CoWIN. States need to be careful to keep "wastage" low on a weekly basis.

2) People who were registered and waiting for a dose for a long time finally got one since supply improved.

3) Second dose was given priority in more centres.

What has happened to the Sputnik V vaccine? It was supposed to be supplying in bulk but its lagging behind. Got approved in April but still can't supply required stock. So much noise was made for Sputnik's approval. Covishield & Covaxin will have to take the burden of vaccinating entire nation.
They were relying heavily on Russia to supply the initial doses as well as all the technology transfer but Russia had a very high delta wave so they have diverted all stock locally.

same reason why SEA and African countries that were relying on SII vaccines are struggling after India banned exports