India's COVID-19 Vaccination Drive

Have you taken the booster dose?

• Total voters
Okay in Gurgaon's case it clearly seems like a case of the government shirking away the responsibility. They're assuming people are rich and so let them get it in private. Makes sense when you have a distant view of reality and not the ground status of your citizens.

If a migrant wants vaccines, they better go back to their village for free doses. Staying in cities and getting a free dose, they've made that impossible for now. Definitely some sneaky shit.

Yup. One of the guys in local market I shop with, he was going to his village for some work few days ago. Told him to get his first dose there. He was skeptical but when he returned, he confirmed that it was very easy to get a dose there and he went for it. Another guy I shop with has been ignoring my advice making excuses. And now he tells me that Gurgaon administration has started refusing ration delivery to families where head of family has not taken any dose, so he is now very concerned and plans to spend his mornings standing in queue at the local polyclinic. Told him it is going to be hard. And his choices are to call his village and see if vaccines are being delivered there and if they are, take a break for 2-3 days and go back there and get his first dosage there. Or take the hit for 780 bucks and get a dose at a private hospital.

My friend who runs a cloud kitchen got his entire staff vaccinated at a private center sharing 50% of the costs with them who were more than willing to get paid vaccine after looking at the situation at government outlets.

Government wants that only. Let the corporates and companies vaccinate their employees either company sponsored or like you said with a little contribution from employees also. Eventually once that drive is over, they'll ask the colleges and universities to do the same. That's 40% of the population.

Government will chip in some 30% and 2 years later, some AIIMS dude will say 70% herd immunity is good enough and no need to vaccinate rural people since no exposure/or serosurveys will show presence of antibodies already after previous waves. People are the losers in the end.

They'll go around before the next election rallies quoting absolute numbers of total people vaccinated and claiming its the second largest in the world.

Meanwhile in China they'll finish vaccinating their entire population, even the most rural ones, by the year end.

Does anyone knows what amount govt is charging for vaccine from the private hospitals? Or it is directly billed by SII?

Officially, private hospitals are making 150 per dose. 600+150+30=780 for Covishield. 30 is 5% GST on 600 cost price.

July 24 is here. People who got their dose on May 1 are now eligible for second dose.

Got first jab today at nearby Vaccination center.
Maybe it was Sunday morning, so not much crowd, got my vaccine in 5 min. Was asked to wait for 15 min, and can go if feeling better.

Last edited:
They asked if anybody was positive and when.
I told in April, so probably they allowed. They didn't asked for any reports.

Guy in front of me said he didn't had breakfast, so they sent him back, and asked to return after eating something.

So its all based on trust, if person lies about something, they may not know 😂

@xyx2000 exactly what I think. I too got similar stomach ache that started about 3 weeks or a month after vaccination, gone to a doctor did some tests and ultrasound, it was nothing more than minor infection. If someone has health issues he should first go to a doctor and get checked properly, instead of just waiting, calling different people who aren't responding.
Bloody hell I too had sharp stomach pain exactly after 2 weeks of Covaxin. Took me 3 days for pain to fully subside. Doc said some stomach infection. The amount of such incidences is mind boggling.