India's COVID-19 Vaccination Drive

Have you taken the booster dose?

• Total voters
why closed? and if closed then why even a number? and if closed why? there wasn't a public holiday was there?...

MP has a covid vaccination schedule. The govt sites are closed on Tuesday, Friday & Sunday. The small numbers is may be due to vaccination at some private sites. Extremely low numbers yesterday can be said to be an after effect of large drive on Monday.

Today's vaccination numbers show MP has given around 1.4 lakh doses till 1now. So its back to normal.
Its laughable how many journalists/twitter intelligentsia were jumping at these numbers without even a thorough background check.

The govt sites are closed on Tuesday, Friday & Sunday.
Given the spread of the virus and it's propensity to escape the vaccine is on a higher side, vaccinating on only 4/7 days, IMO, is still a poor strategy.
If they have valid reason for closing sites then fine, else I see no reason other than hoarding so that they can claim higher numbers.
Right now the priority is to vaccinate as many as possible before the 3rd wave hits instead of this number game. It would make more sense for any state to maintain a steady rate of vaccination on all days rather than on selected ones.

@Tejas01 yes that is a different issue. Sites should be opened everyday or at least 6 days a week.

But I was just explaining why numbers were low yesterday. They might have hoarded for creating a record on Monday but on other days I dont think it was for hoarding purposes. Numbers were low on these days compared to other days.

Last edited:
How are vaccine stocks distributed? Is population the only criteria? What is the centre’s smart vaccination policy? Anyone with any links/articles please post

@pillaicha

Vaccine doses will be allocated to States/UTs based on criteria such as
population, disease burden and the progress of vaccination. Wastage of vaccine will affect the allocation negatively.

You can check this doc: Source

MP has a covid vaccination schedule. The govt sites are closed on Tuesday, Friday & Sunday. The small numbers is may be due to vaccination at some private sites. Extremely low numbers yesterday can be said to be an after effect of large drive on Monday.

Today's vaccination numbers show MP has given around 1.4 lakh doses till 1now. So its back to normal.
Its laughable how many journalists/twitter intelligentsia were jumping at these numbers without even a thorough background check.

Are you sure of sites being closed? I doubt.

Are you sure of sites being closed? I doubt.

check this tweet and I have personally cross-referenced numbers on cowin dashboard. MP numbers are comparatively low on these days compared to others. So it has to be true.

Source

I am surprised for sure. Of course, when I checked for slots for dad's second dose next week. Only three private centers are listed on Cowin. They really are leaving the government centers to people who can stand in line. Booked at Medanta as things are very messed up right now here in Gurgaon.

Yes for those who can afford, it doesn’t make much sense for the government centres. Since there will be long lines with less social distancing and you might end up catching Covid there

This is the center where mom and dad got their doses so far. DC Gurgaon account does not even talk about other category.

Source

Medanta seems to have setup a drive through facility inside their parking. That's where sis in law got her paid dose few days ago. Not sure if all of their vaccinations are now happening at that drive through setup. Or I would have to park my car and get inside the hospital for dad's dose next week.