India's COVID-19 Vaccination Drive

Have you taken the booster dose?

• Total voters
The SII Chairman said the ideal gap between two doses of Covishield is two months, as against the 12-16 week gap mandated by the government. He also said he was not in favour of mixing two difference vaccines. "I am against the mixing of two different vaccines. There is no need to mix two different vaccines," he said.
"My son (Adar Ponawalla) asked me not to open my mouth (on the issue). But it is my view that exports ought to be opened," he said.

If you are high risk (old, immune compromised etc.) it’s clear from studies now that three doses are needed but for healthy people there isn’t enough evidence for it yet

AK will copy the same in a week's time.

you can take it after the date, it will be recorded as first dose, and then just combine the info of both doses in CoWIN for the certificate.
Unless this person you know got the real disease, and hence had to delay it by another 3 months, think it was silly to have delayed the second dose that long on purpose. That seems quite irresponsible to me. Anyway thanks for sharing but that's neither recommended for everyone nor beneficial.

It’s well established now that the risk of CVT from the AZ vaccine is 1 in 40,000 and the mortality from that is around 20% so roughly 1 in 200,000 people will die from the side effects yet the official number reported in India seems very low

His Twitter feed is goldmine for Antivaxxers. 4L+ people have died from covid. But yeah, don't take the vaccine because we should wait for a better one that might come some day. But then I am not sure how I would feel about vaccines if someone I knew ended up dead because of vaccine's side effects. I guess the government should really let Moderna/Pfizer to become available locally for people who have zero trust in Covishield. It seems to be the one that gets the most criticism online amongst Indian antivaxxers community.

Last edited:
That’s why it’s important to age segregate the risk profiles. In the UK, those who were 40+ were still given AZ despite the clotting risk since the risk from Covid was still higher than the vaccine. But it’s hard to justify that for a healthy 18 year old.

i do wonder what the reaction of parents would be for the local vaccine that is approved for 12+.

getting a vaccination for yourself as an adult is one thing. deciding it for your child is well... something.