India's COVID-19 Vaccination Drive

Have you taken the booster dose?

• Total voters
But doesn't explain how the other states reported such low case numbers during the wave. In fact it's a slap on the face of the government figures published by those states.

That’s simple, just don’t test enough people or ask labs to fudge results like UP was doing

It's funny though. Low active case numbers during the wave. And magically high seropositivity after. Low death count during the wave, and non-relatedly high death rates due to "other reasons". This government can't even be bothered to explain this because, they don't understand the correlation of data and hence the stupidity of their actions.

Yeah Kerala and Maharashtra at least seem to be putting some effort into testing and reporting deaths correctly.

plus if the government had some brains they could buy surplus vaccines from private hospitals and send extra to Kerala to increase the number of vaccinated people quickly

Kerala is already ahead. If you exclude the states smaller than Kerala and the UTs, and go by per lakh population, Kerala has the highest vaccination coverage so far.
Himachal is also surging ahead in terms of vaccination coverage and probably be able to achieve 95%+ by year end along with Kerala, Goa.

You can also merge two first doses to get final certification.

BIR8Xa9.webp

So the issue with this is that delta makes no big distinction between old or young. The death rate is creeping up in kerala particularly among the young. Also economic activity is severely hit in the state currently. The policy has its cons and I think the state must try to change its policy and open up vaccination for the young now.

I am still not sure why people would want covaxin in the first place.
Covaxin is only available (Free) presently as first dose.
Covishield is only available (Free) presently as second dose.
status in Delhi.

second dose due from tomorrow. have a scheduled slot at a small hospital i have never heard of. dekhe if it all goes well or i would have to reschedule. free option does not exist as all government outlets are only getting 100-150 doses in a day with no online reservation. kind of impressed that at least 8 members of this forum have already received both doses!

Last edited: