India's COVID-19 Vaccination Drive

Have you taken the booster dose?

• Total voters

It’s well established that the chances of serious adverse effects from the AZ vaccine are about 40000:1 based on data from Europe etc. but India is reporting much lower than that so clearly it’s not being done correctly.

My sister got her first dose (Covishield) today, she said that at that place (AIIMS) they have been told to start prioritizing all their Covishield stock for second doses since a lot will be due soon so might be a good idea to get it if you haven't already

Last edited:
He says it has been 26 days since he got the jab and his issues started two weeks after the jab, this can't be due to the jab and its just some minor stomach issues.

@xyx2000 exactly what I think. I too got similar stomach ache that started about 3 weeks or a month after vaccination, gone to a doctor did some tests and ultrasound, it was nothing more than minor infection. If someone has health issues he should first go to a doctor and get checked properly, instead of just waiting, calling different people who aren't responding.

so slots in private centers seem to be available here in Gurgaon for august now on cowin. booked a slot at a hospital i haven't even heard about lol.

Last edited:
There's this thing introduced by the Government of Kerala where ASHA workers are authorized to bring upto 90% of the vaccination slots to the centers.

This leaves 10% of slots for online booking at government centers. To give some perspective, there are around 200-300 slots for vaccinations, out of which 20-30 are available online on CoWIN. This causes immense rush, website crashes, slots are booked in <10 seconds. I see a lot of hate for this scheme and lot of calls to change the percentage to at least 50-50. Kerala government believes this is necessary to prevent people from booking slots in remote rural places and "stealing" away vaccines meant for locals. Also people who aren't tech savvy benefit under this system. The other side to this story is ASHA workers have prioritised their entire neighborhoods for vaccinations, and people with influence/connections secure doses whereas many people, both aged and young, fail to secure a vaccine whether they know how to book on CoWIN or not.

Last edited:
Government centers are still not back on Cowin here in Gurgaon. And based on what I have read on social media, it's the same case in many cities. So finding a slot in a government center was/is not even an option for me.

The government polyclinic walking distance from my house has become a popular spot for people looking for a free dose in the city so there is huge rush in the morning. I have been told that things get easy during the latter part of the day. But DC Gurgaon Twitter account indicates all government centers in Gurgaon are getting limited doses on a daily basis.

I could try my luck there but I have given up. 84 days would be up on July 31. Would just get a dose at a private outlet.

I mean this shit is just sad:

Source

Source

Back in May, based on the purchases announced by the Indian government, it seemed like by August things would be normal and doses would be freely available everywhere in good quantity. But looks like it's not going to happen till later this year.

Last edited: