Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) Updates

kumararvind said:
That confirms the failure of gsat 10
India has good history in development of satellites. May be ISRO r thinking 2wice so that another scam dosent happen

Well i belive its a step forward by TS even though its late.
ISRO and PMO seems to be sleeping for many months address the concern of TS and its subscribers...

GSAT 10 has not failed, if u read the interview, ISRO has not given the 12 Transponders to TS.
They have not given the gsat 8 transponders till date to anyone, where it has 24 of them and here they have 12, why would they not lease it to anyone when they have fixed life of these satellites. There's no reason except these satellites are failures, and they can't admit it as all the multi million dollar funding from taxpayers money will stop

SVK said:
Late. But better late then never.
I wonder how would they replace 10 Million (if that is real figure) STBs from MPEG2 to MPEG4.
Replacing with HD STB is 1 option. We got our STB replaced when we got HD STB. But many people may not need HD.
mpeg4 to mpeg2 converter dongle was available when TS introduced TS+ with mpeg4. I believe two years ago even standard stbs were mpeg4 compatible. The figure may be a lot less as only active standard stb customers have to be upgraded.
True, better late than never.

With successful GSLV-D5 launch, India breaks into an elite space club - Business Today
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) on Sunday successfully launched a geosynchronous satellite launch vehicle --GSLV-D5 -- which used an indigenous cryogenic engine, putting behind it years of pain and failures. The launch vehicle lifted off from India's space port at Sriharikota precisely at 4.18 pm on a clear blue sky and delivered a copy book launch. The GSLV-D5 injected the GSAT-14, a 1,980 kg satellite, at its precise orbit 17 minutes into the flight. It took ISRO more than 13 years to achieve this success after its first GSLV flight in 2001. ISRO kickstarted the cryogenic project almost 20 years ago.

Congratulations to ISRO and india for indigenously accomplishing the cryogenic engine technologyHopefully we can increase capacity from 2000kg to 20000kg in the future. If we plan to put indian astronauts and a space station up there, we need a cryogenic beast of an engine 10 times more powerful than todays D5.

I guess this can become a good cashcow for ISRO for launching foreign and private satellites for money?

Yes, much of the developing world can hardly afford to pay the launch fees demanded by western space agencies to put heavy satellites in space. India can cut cost by less than half if we consider the budget on our mars mission. In fact, ISRO is a jugaad company. They actually fish out the parts that fall down into the sea after every launch, refurbish it and use it in their next launch.

Appears to be responsive in nature! archive.org tells me that this is fairly new. launched this week i think.

ISRO - Government of India

W4lPyl8.png

Great finally they have RSS!! Subscribing!

But its still difficult to find information about satellites.

Like I want to find what is current status of INSAT 4CR.

I believe ISRO claims this as success but reality is something else, and noone uses this satellite.