Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) News & Updates

nice analysation amish !!In country like india this is common. These travel agents have ties with railways officials and in hindi we say "mil baatke khana 🙂"@allI today booked tatkal ticket without any problem. let me tell you what I do. As soon a 8:00 clock ticks I sit on my pc with train number and date of my journey in my mind. I then login ,straight away go to quick book (instead of plan my travel) as it reduces the time of booking. By this time server is overloaded. This is when I apply my trick. I go to another tab ,login again and quick book again. Similarly I do for atleast 5-6 windows/tabs. It means that I am booking the same tickets on different windows/tabs. out of 5-7 tabs only 1-2 tabs manage to get into payment gateway. 90% of work done. pay them and boom you are there !!I managed to book ticket today also when only 36 tickets were available for tatkal. I am applying this method from past 1 yr and there is success rate of 99% . thats not bad I think !I cant guarantee that you would surely get tickets by this method but yes atleast you should try .This method is more recommended for people who have slow internet connection or get service unavailable message in between booking your tatkal ticket. instead of logging from one login window/tabs you should login from multiple tabs/windows .Guys next time try this and post here if you meet success in booking tatkal !!

well that is the big problem. you should not be required to form strategies to book something as simple as railway tickets. it should not be a lottery.

I agree with admin. The year is 2011 and not 1995. Why can't biggest ecommerce website of our country have proper servers and infrastructure?I trade in Futures and options online regularly. On a normal day as many as 20-30000 orders of all stocks/futures/options are processed on NSE in every second during last 5 minutes of trading. This happens on every trading day without anyone needing 5 tabs in a browser opened and acting smart. So, we Indians know how to program systems to process high volumes. It is just that railways are not willing to make the change in order to protect the agents who black market the tickets to public.

yeap. they probably have some of the brightest minds working on their network but the system is designed to be difficult to use and inefficient.

@almoni wonder how multiple tabs trick worked for u..i had tried it too.. but for me when i login to new tab...and go back to old tab and try to book then old tab will report "session timeout OR you pressed back/forward button .. blah blah"what browser are u using?

What the OP has said is absolutely true.

I was successful in booking tickets @ IRCTC only once. (Mumbai-Bangalore route). Had to play "Fastest Clicker First". Booked tickets using "Quick Book" in under in under 2 mins. I was done by 8:04 AM. Site totally crashed thereafter till 8:30 AM.

Since then, I've tried booking tickets many times. I used all the knowledge I have but still no luck.

IRCTC, is without a doubt one of the most corrupt organizations in India. You want proof? Try booking a Tatkal ticket @ 8AM. You'll get your proof. I find it hard to believe that this "503 Service Unavailable" can't be dealt with by adding more powerful servers. Maybe IRCTC should start using AWS. Oh wait, but then how will they be able to eat money if they start using AWS... 😡

I was told by one of the agents that they use IBM mainframe stuffs to get the tickets via tatkal (Well am not too good with all those stuffs, So really cant explain). And he proved me by giving me tatkal tickets after 1 week (And that too in lower berth in 2AC, Which I had told him to get it).I also asked him, IRCTC has blocked the agents to book the tickets till 9AM, Then how come you are booking. His answer was simple, Create an ID, IRCTC will never check if that ID belongs to agents or an individual, the agent will earn more than he gets the commission from IRCTC ! He also mentioned that sometimes some % of tickets gets blocked even before the tickets go for sale in Tatkal @ 8AM. He said, IR is the biggest corrupted organization in India. You pay money & you will get anything. I remember, I have paid 1000 for Sleeper class ticket from Bangalore to Delhi during Diwali last year !

Yes I think booking starts 1min b4 8 for those guys.Because if I login b4 8 then it wont let me book tickets but "service unavailable" error, starts coming from 7:59AM (i have NTP daemon running so system time will be very precise.)that means, agents start logging in at 7:59AM, they get 1min buffer period.

This is definitely organizational loot like, 2G, CWG and such like RTO and passport office. All from the top to bottom are involved and get a cut/share. It is not just the systems staff or the local officers.Since the politicians encourage and actively participate, it is impossible to do away with such corruption in any walk of life. For a posting in the money-showering departments, eligible candidates pay a huge bribe. In Andhra, Chiranjeevi has been paid a large amount to dissolve his party and join congress. In Tamilnadu, Vijayakanth is paid a huge sum (600 crores) not to ally with jayalalitha, but contest independently.

whats with rajni? why is he still doing films with heroines younger than his daughter? why cannot he join politics and save us from mmm never mind. 😀 i want to stay alive.

whats with rajni? why is he still doing films with heroines younger than his daughter? why cannot he join politics and save us from mmm never mind. 😀 i want to stay alive.

In a recent tv interview, he said that he will join politics when he gets sanction/ approval from above.

whats with rajni? why is he still doing films with heroines younger than his daughter?

Hmmm... probably because there is a large number of people willing to spend their monthly budget on his films, for repeated viewings?

Good that Rajni is not joining politics. He is a good person and he needs to be one through out. Ever heard an actor giving money back to distributors if they lost money on the film, he does it. He does lots of charity too!

Cant comment on him romancing younger heroines 😛

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

IRCTC is indeed a big scam.

For me one trick always worked well. Other than Opening multiple tabs and using quick book, I give the preference as Middle berth as those are least preferred. Never missed a ticket in tatkal this way.

One more thing, using debit cards to pay money helps, no extra authentication!

things are not going to improve this year as well. more trains. no hikes. nothing.

Rail budget announced!Looks like Mamta Banerjee heard us!! She has declared new portal for online ticket booking!!No idea when it will be launched though and how successful it will be!