Indian Presidential elections 2012

• Thread starter sTrOnTiaBOnd
  • Start date
  • Replies 170
  • Views 17,192
S

sTrOnTiaBOnd

So 3.5 months are left for the presidential elections.Its safe to say we had our worst president ever.We were told by the president that she wont be a rubber stamp but she has nothing been but a rubber stamp.So whos your choice?
Presidential elections: SP thumbs up for Kalam

"Samajwadi Party might propose the name of former President APJ Abdul Kalam for the post of President provided all political parties give unanimous approval to his name.
In a high-level meeting, senior party leaders discussed possible names of luminaries whom Samajwadi Party could support for the post of President. “There was a unanimous view that former President Abdul Kalam should be given another term,” a highly placed leader told The Pioneer."

2012 Presidential election: India needs a better President | Mutiny

"Prathiba Patil’s term as President will come to an end next year and that will lead to another presidential election where unless something dramatic happens, the UPA’s candidate will win and become the next President of the Republic of India. In this post,exercising my right to opinion, I point out reasons why Prathiba Patil(Her excellency) is probably the “Worst President India has ever Had” and candidates who can best serve as Presiden. Before looking at reasons for calling her “The worst president”, I will illustrate some reasons why, except in some cases, we always end up having “Bozos” for Presidents

Presidential elections: 14 candidates doing the rounds for post : North News - India Today

Eletions for the next President are still three months away and leaders of the two main parties, the Congress and the BJP, are yet to sit across the table and discuss possible names for the next occupant of Rashtrapati Bhavan.
But in the corridors of power and stately bungalows of Lutyen's Delhi, the names of as many as 14 candidates, many of them inconsequential, are already doing the rounds.
Leading the way in throwing up names of potential candidates are smaller political formations and ever-eager lobbyists. They are already trying to push their nominees.Even the US seems to be keeping a close eye. On Monday, US Under Secretary of State Wendy Sherman and Acting Ambassador Peter Burleigh met senior BJP leader L.K Advani and discussed, among other things, the upcoming Presidential elections.

Read more at: Presidential elections: 14 candidates doing the rounds for post : North News - India Today

Coming up: Presidential polls - | Photos | India Today |

This time the ruling congress cant send its rubber stamp agent.I hope kalam becomes again or narayana murthy becomes the next prez.We need a non political president.

moindear

Internet addict!
ISP
Airtel, ACT
My vote for ND Tiwari :)

mhsabir

Xclusive
Staff member
ISP
Airtel & Hathway
Well, I thought they would want somebody who would not involve in politics :confused:
Give a few speeches, tour a few countries, participate in some national events etc & then go.

----------

Yes, but I can understand them wanting someone who will favour their party - But involve in politics, maybe no?

SVK

svknet.wordpress.com
ISP
Airtel 4G
Race for Rashtrapati Bhawan: APJ Abdul Kalam a good choice, says Samajwadi Party
Next President: UPA allies push for apolitical candidate - Politics - Politics News - ibnlive
Next President should be apolitical: Pawar - The Times of India
Kalam again? Ok, Super Like...
Mulayam? WTH!!!
"In 2002, Mulayam Singh had forwarded the name of Abdul Kalam for the Presidentship. We don't have any problem if Mr Kalam becomes President," Mr Siddhiqui added.
Other names that are likely to come up in the race to the Rashtrapati Bhawan are Pranab Mukherjee, Mulayam Singh, Gopal Gandhi and Sushil Kumar Shinde.
However, the BJP is likely to prefer former president Kalam getting a second term.

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
oh boy. i really hope kalam says no if his name comes up. he was literally humiliated last time around. he should say no and keep doing what he does best.

SVK

svknet.wordpress.com
ISP
Airtel 4G
Kalam till date remains most popular President India ever had. His follower just brought this post back to time of 70-80s :(

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
hehe. you are probably speaking about our generation only. i am sure we have had better and more effective presidents in the past. our generation has largely seen politically influenced appointments. :D

SVK

svknet.wordpress.com
ISP
Airtel 4G
Yes, in our generation (people who are in age of 25~35 now) would not even know name most of Presidents India had before Dr. Kalam :)