Formula-1 News and Updates

The inaugural Indian Grand Prix could be under threat because of a dispute between the Formula One teams and the country's tax authorities--and the issue is so serious that the teams say they can't go to Delhi for the Oct. 30 event unless the issue is resolved.

Driver earnings are also under dispute, and while they face issues in a number of countries, the teams as such are not usually involved in tax situations.
The Indian government wants to claim what it believes are its share of the annual incomes of the 12 teams. Team directors will apparently be held personally responsible for ensuring that any requested taxes are paid.
“It's a serious issue, and it needs to be resolved,” Formula One Teams Association frontman Martin Whitmarsh told Autoweek. “And the teams need to receive the appropriate reassurance to be able to go to India.
“There is a significant worry and concern among the teams, and it needs to be resolved. I am sure it will be, but if it weren't to be resolved, then it would threaten the race, wouldn't it?
“It's an issue of withholding tax. It's not an unfamiliar one. There are tax treaties between countries, and it's an extraordinarily complex matter. All of the financial directors within FOTA [Formula One Teams Association] are working together and are very concerned about it. We've employed Ernst & Young as consultants to help find a solution, and hopefully we will.”

Formula One: Indian Grand Prix under threat due to tax dispute with teams - Autoweek

Things r never certain in India till they r over with 😀

Vettel wins!!

Then Button, Alonso, Hamilton, SCHUMACHER, Massa

Schumacher drove like old Schumi, but he didnt have the car that can win.

Massa was disappointing.

Vettel is all set to win this year too unless something really bad happens. he just has to win 2 more races to ensure the championship. but he is all set to win it in any case. Rosberg went out in the first lap which was sad. Would have been nice to see if Schumi would have stayed ahead of him through the race once more.

vettel needs a better teammate so at least we can see two redbulls racing each other than these boring races where he easily wins , only drivers that are as good or better than vettel right now are Alonso and hamilton.

Schumi was defending well against Hamilton earlier part of race. This indicates he was probably better than Rosberg atleast today. But yes u can never say, Rosberg might just have been better.

----------

Btw, I think Vettel just needs one WIN and not TWO to ensure driver's championship.

----------

Vettel points 284, Alonso points 172

Races left 6

Vettel wins 1 more and NO points in 5 races = 25 pts + 284 = 309
Alonso 2nd in 1 race and wins 5 more = 18+25*5 = 143 + 172 = 315

So there is still a theoretical chance with WORST case scenario for Vettel

But 1 win and 1 sixth place result will do it for Vettel.

Or 1 win for Vettel and two 2nd place for Alonso is also enough.

yeah. and i like it that ways if alonso has the best chance to beat him this season. 😛 right now, it looks like he would ensure his championship before the indian grand prix. 😀

he just has to beat rosberg to keep the critics silent. even more in this case because rosberg is actually very talented and should be a champion someday. hopefully with mercedes gp and not ferrari. i have lost all my love for ferrari in the recent years 😀

I hate to see the races where ferrari are no performing well....My Enemy No -1 is always be the McLarens....I want to see Alonso winning more and more Championships with ferrari...He should have won last year ...the poor strategy from ferrari pit wall ruined it....

----------

yeah. and i like it that ways if alonso has the best chance to beat him this season. 😛

right now, it looks like he would ensure his championship before the indian grand prix. 😀

As far i am concerned its Vettel the 2011 WDC....Ferrari already shifted their focus to 2012 season....

----------

It was the 1st time in my life schumi doing a great job in yesterday....the moments in yesterdays race was the Alosno leaped to 1st place in the 1st corner and more than that it was a treat to watch the cat and mouse game between Schumi and Hamilton....

I hope schumi wins a race before he retires again...

i wanted to see pic of Massa brushing with Webber.

Again it spoiled his race and it was not his mistake!

----------

F1 Monza 2011 Mark Webber Crash into Massa. - YouTube

F1 Monza 2011 Mark Webber Crash into Massa. - YouTube

Ok cant really say whose fault it was, but it appears Webber overdrove inspite knowing that there was chicane coming and left no room for Massa at chicane

----------

Mark Webber says kerbs sent him on Massa collision course | F1 News - ITV Sport

Mark Webber says he was helpless to avoid hitting Ferrari’s Felipe Massa after running over the high kerbing at the first chicane as he battled the Brazilian for position in the early stages of the Italian Grand Prix

So as I said, he overdrove at chicane and hit Massa! Poor Massa.