India's Electric Vehicle Policy

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 122
  • Views Views 18,626
The few Rewa that I actually see on the road would also start disappearing now. I mean these cars probably cost more than a petrol hatch after subsidy. Who would buy now?

only hardcore environmental aware rich people with charging facility in parking place buy reva/yo bikes. thats a very very small niche.

however mainstream electric cars are coming sooner than people realise. by 2023, I see many electric cars and bike models will be available for regular indian people. I mean right now this year at eicma, many competitive electic scooters laucnehd. okinawa praise, ather s340 etc.

these are obviously slightly premium scooters over something like aprilia sr150 but I would argue that instant torque available in electric scooters more than makes up for top speed of petrol scooters. do try these electric scooters if you get the chance, its hard to put into words the instant torque availble with these scooters.

however now these scooters will be little more costly because of this fucking govt. Announce electric policies with explosive headlineslike mr ghadkhari who said he'll drag automakers to provide electric vehicles, get all the headlines/propaganda materials and when hullabaloo dies, kill the existing electric subsidy, nevermind increasing it . this fucking govt needs to die

I wonder if Ather's one lakh plus price tag is inclusive of the subsidy. How much would it cost now ?

I assume by e4w they mean electric four wheeler? Mahindra is the biggest loser I guess. Nissan and Tata too perhaps with their upcoming launches. Maruti also started working on their electric vehicles. What incentive do they have now?

Diesel cars bad compared to Petrol --- tax diesel cars.

Petrol cars bad compared to Electric - tax petrol cars.

Politicians turning bad - no tax!! 😀