Indian Cricket League Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter ~Hami~
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 143
  • Views Views 141,774
I think at some point of time it happen that ICC might announce that ICL is unofficial cricket league

ICL suspends Chris Cairns, Dinesh Mongia Indiantelevision.com Team
(29 October 2008 3:00 pm)
[COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]MUMBAI[/COLOR][/COLOR]: The Executive Board of the Indian Cricket League (ICL) has suspended Chris Cairns and Dinesh Mongia. Andrew Hall has now been appointed the Captain of the Chandigarh Lions.
Cairns is believed to have been suspended as he was carrying an ankle injury which he did not inform tournament officials about. Mongia is said to have known of the injury, but also kept silent.
Meanwhile the ICL Executive Board also relieved Mumbai Champs Coach Sandeep Patil of his coaching duties. Patil had requested the Executive Board to relieve him for the current season as he needed a break.
Patil says, "In the interest of the team, I had requested the board to relieve me from the current season duties , which they have accepted." Mumbai Champs have had a below par performance in Season 2.

Nathan Astle continues to be current season captain. ICL says that it has high quality of cricket deliverables which is a mandate for all teams. The high performance director has emphasised during the ICL Camps that striving for better cricket is compulsory at all times.

Indiantelevision.com > News Headlines > ICL suspends Chris Cairns, Dinesh Mongia

But who will be interested in that publicity and who cares about it.......except subhash chandra:hysterical:...........I think Zee news might be publicity about this news........:hysterical:

where comes publicity..It will only hamper their development...

By doing this subhash chandra might have thought that people might think that ICL management has done a great job by suspending them unlike the BCCI.......... In my view i would say IPL = WWE and ICL is not even equal to TNA Wrestling.........:hysterical:. Till date i am getting live all the matches in tensports and zee sports but i have not seen a full match till date.........it does not induce me to watch it

Yup obviously... it is because ICL does not have famous cricketers.. and also the venues look horrible... had they played in a better stadium with famous cricketers, they can entertain the ppl.. but now it is really not happening that way...

Lara can no longer play cricket, he has got life long injury.

Is it the end of the road for Brian Lara?

Cricinfo - Confusion over Lara's ICL status
\"Lara now has a permanent problem on his left shoulder and will never be able to play the game actively and, therefore, is unlikely to play for the ICL in future as well,\" Mody told Cricketnext

Back to topic, I think match fixing issue can slightly popularize ICL. but there needs to be a full undisclosed tournament match fixes, with raining 6s and 4s, that will induce ppl to see it more.

MUMBAI: The cash registers are set to start ringing at the Indian Cricket League World Series. Subhash Chandra-promoted ICL has announced a prize money corpus of Rs 27.4 million for its upcoming ICL World Series which kicks off on 23 November.
The ICL World Series winner stands to gain Rs 12.5 million while the runner-up will get Rs 7.5 million. The financial incentive for every win at the league stage, contested among four teams, will be Rs 1 million.
The incentive for individual performance during the matches will be Rs 200,000 for the Man of the Match. Inzaman-ul-Haq will lead the ICL Pakistan team while Chris Harris will lead a Galaxy of international players representing ICL World. R Sathish will lead ICL India and Habibul Bashar the ICL Bangladesh side.
Indiantelevision.com > News Headlines > ICL hikes prize money, Yousuf joins Lahore Badshahs

I do see it when i get time, otherwise do follow it daily on the net.There is atleast some sense of competitiveness this season when compared to the previous.