Indian Banking Websites and Web Browsers

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 6,447
HDFC Bank.Probably tested only for IE.1. The main netbanking page is OK with IE and FF but top panel is gone when accessed with Safari2. Online pre-paid mobile refill works only with IE3. Visa-net-safe works only with IE

Why are the bank websites browser dependent?

coz they are much more complicated compared to other sites. they usually require complicated programming which would require massive effort to make them standard compliant. and since there is always some idiots in every department, they ignore the less popular alternatives.

ICICI using firefox will not work if you check Two Wheeler Loan Account..
Its showing properly to me.
Wonder whats the problem with your firefox!

HDFC Bank..doesnt work on Firefox ver 3..It works well on IE..

Citibank works well on IE...doesn't support Firefox well..am talking about when I logg in to my account,.although the web pages open quite well..
HDFC Netbanking is working fine on FF 3.0.1 :cool2:

I use Axis Bank, HDFC, Standard Chartered, Barclays web-site. All work on IE and Firefox well. I use firefox for general viewing purposes but if any transaction is involved, i prefer IE. Reason being, all sites are made with highest compatibility towards IE and I ain't wanna loose money just because I changed my browser...😉

HDFC Netbanking is working fine on FF 3.0.1 :cool2:
Dude you should update your firefox to 3.0.5 if you use netbanking.

heh. firefox is so late with firefox 3.1 that i am surprised that people are still on firefox 3.0.x 😛i have been using beta for a while. except for add-ons it works fine.

I am using net banking for IOB Bank.:dance: I am always use IE for my bank account transaction. :yahoo:Some of the redirection are not wroking in opera. 😢