• Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 6,450

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
This post is to specify the web browsers which works with your bank's online websites...I am a Standard Chartered user. Their site works great with IE, Opera, Firefox and Google Chrome.

HDFC works well with all the above mentioned browsers as well.(I can vouch for that!)

ICICI - works fine on all of themHDFC - works on IE and Opera...in rest of the browsers, it's top panel is gonethese are the two i use...

firefox 3.0.1 (the latest stable) is not "properly" supported! for many encrypted sites!

i havent really tried accessing banking websites with other browsers. i just use IE thinking that firefox might not be supported by these websites and i might face problems during the main transaction part. 😛

firefox 3.0.1 (the latest stable) is not "properly" supported! for many encrypted sites!
expired licenses and some other issues. firefox and IE and even chrome would show you an error message. but would let you proceed if you click on some buttons.

for example:

you can see here that i am on a legitimate website. but since i missed on www. the browser thinks that i am probably on a wrong website.

Axis Bank -Works fine on IE, FF, Google Chrome. :thumbsup:Oh yes... Works well on Opera too.. :yahoo:

HDFC Bank..doesnt work on Firefox ver 3..It works well on IE..Citibank works well on IE...doesn't support Firefox well..am talking about when I logg in to my account,.although the web pages open quite well..

I rarely use IE, that too only when regional language fonts do not show correctly in firefox. Even unicode is not displayed correctly always in firefox.I use firefox only for ICICI net banking, icici direct for trading, for online buys, and for booking tickets- air and rail.

I've used Citi, HDFC and ICICI using Firefox (2.0.0.2, 3.0 and 3.0.1) both on my work and home connection, never encountered any problems so far.

If I understand correctly, applications need little tweaking to support browsers other than IE (the default one). I have seen my peers working on this aspect for big banks. I doubt if Indian banks insist on this. I have faced some problems with ICICI Bank and HDFC Bank sites while using FF. So, I use IE for all banking needs and FF/Chrome for the rest.

I use firefox 3.0.1 for icici online banking without any problem.I also use it for paying bills, trading mkt, online booking, buying, etc.Never had problem with firefox.:thumbsup:

Agree with coolbuddy_79 (post 3)
HDFC Bank had this problem even with the older version of FF, had written to them about it that their site now support FF instead of talking of 'Netscape Navigator' in their browser requirements, got a lot of crap from them, even written to their MD but no change:wall:, except for this url on their site http://www.hdfcbank.com/common/onlineservices/netsafedemo.htm . ICICI site works well on FF except for an odd page in the credit card section.