• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 173
  • Views Views 12,983

mhsabir

Xclusive
Staff member
ISP
Jio & Hathway
Mahendra Singh Dhoni (capt/wk), Shikhar Dhawan, Murali Vijay, Cheteshwar Pujara, Sachin Tendulkar, Virat Kohli, Ravichandran Ashwin, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Pragyan Ojha, Amit Mishra, Ajinkya Rahane, Umesh Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Rohit Sharma, Ishant Sharma
Test squad announced.
Rohit gets a look in. Jadeja rested.
Rahane should get another chance or Rohit will make a debut at No.6

I guess Rohit should get a chance.
Thankfully no Raina and Yuvraj who seemed to struggle against pace.
Sad to see Zaheer not picked. India cant depend only Ishant Sharma in South Africa, so Zaheer needed look in

What has Ishant Sharma done that he keeps being picked be it ODI's or Test matches?? Except for that one series against Australia 4-5 years back when he kept picking Ricky Ponting and Michael Clark, I dont remember anything else where he has contributed.

Sanjay Manjeraker is absolutely furious about Ishant's selection. Its not that we have options. The selectors could have given, Dhawal or Pandey or Nayar a chance. Its just that they don't wanna lose Ishant Sharma. As with the case of Rohit, the selectors are playing the waiting game with Ishant too.

I pity the olden players who hardly got a match or two to prove their mettle.

In Indian conditions fast bowlers are just to bowl the first 8/10 overs, in the last series or the one before that, Ishant was asked to bowl after 80 overs, I dont know how true that is cause I had read it somewhere. What sense does it make to even select him in the first place. With an eye on the SA tour they should have tried someone else.

And I am waiting for someone to say that it was rigged.
Lol. Shami has bowled well but to be honest most batsman had played rubbish shots.

I will hold on for a while. Munaf Patel also debuted with 4 wickets and we all know where he went from there...

Difference between him and Munaf is he seems to have a brain! Why I think he can be a success cos he makes the batsman play almost all the deliveries. Most are directed on the stumps so if you miss lbw and bowled is always in play. However I seriously believe we also need Zaheer in SA cos out there experience is required and we have to play 3 pacers. I see India taking atleast 150 run lead unless a dramatic collapse happens which judging by mediocre indies bowling is unlikely.

Yeah, I am personally disappointed Roach, Edwards, Jerome Taylor, Rampaul are not there..