India to soon have uniform cheque designs from all banks

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 4,861
icici guys specifically told me that to get my mobile number changed in their records, i would have to visit a branch and fill a form. they would not do it online they would not do it on the phone.

This is strange. I have always updated the mobile no thru phone banking only.

maybe they have changed it recently...

I have been facing a very strange problem for quite several years right in ICICI bank.

If you have a current account with ICICI bank, you can add as many non-ICICI payees as you want for NEFT transactions. Adding, verifying and paying a new non-ICICI payee through your ICICI current account can be done within 2-3 minutes of time all online.

However, as ironic and strange as it may sound, if you want to pay AN ICICI BANK PAYEE through your same ICICI current account, you CANNOT do it online until you add that person by duly filling up a form (provided by ICICI branch only), submitting that form IN THE BRANCH for approval and addition of that payee in your payees list, and then only you will be able to pay that payee online.

So every time if you want to pay a new ICICI bank payee from your ICICI current account, it is going to cost you 1-2 visits to the branch personally and 2-3 working days of waiting. Pathetic.

This is not the case with other banks, at least such as HDFC, in which you can add any payee - HDFC or non-HDFC - all online with having to visit in or take approval from a branch. They approve the payee - HDFC or non-HDFC - within 24 hours, and then you can pay them as and when required. Even with ICICI Saving A/c there is no such partiality b/w same and other bank's payees and you can add any of them online.

I have asked many a time ICICI executives - in the branch and on the phones - why such lengthy process for just adding a same bank payee in one's current account? "RBI guidelines", comes the reply. "Why those guidelines does not apply with other banks and with the saving accounts of your bank?" Ans.: "cannot comment on other bank's rules and regulations and saving accounts are a different matter".

Come on !!!!

from your icici online a/c, compose a mail to the branch manager and ask them to send a copy of the rbi guideline regarding this.

from your icici online a/c, compose a mail to the branch manager and ask them to send a copy of the rbi guideline regarding this.

Ok... i will try 🙂

I suspect they will definitely have some more excuses ready - These are confidential matter, we are working on this issue, and other b*llsh*t replies.

if they try to roadblock the issue, forward that mail to the nodal > appellate officers. you can also send your grievance to the IBA (indian banking association) and to the rbi Complaints Redressal Cell

mine is printed with my address ....

You mean your name? I have yet to see a check that has name as well address of payer printed on it.

Its RBI which is charging for NEFT - See question No.10
Reserve Bank of India

Normally its free for some transactions per month or per quarter for salary accounts, which in other means is a benefit given by banks of "not" passing the cost to salary account folks. I do not get charged for salary account.

@dsneih - Have you been doing too many transactions ?

Thats good move indeed!

2.25 L? :iomg:

Transfer some thousand to me please!

@Offtopic: BTW Admin bro! do you remember this? >>

"Mijhko bhi toh lift karade"

I dont get charged for NEFT transactions in Citibank (Salary Account)

i am seriously considering switching to kotak mahindra. they are highly recommended by people who are using their services. but i do not see the point of taking the hassle. already have two bank accounts... another one would make the management even more complicated.

If you are considering switching .. I highly recommend Axis .. I love their cash pick up and delivery service to your door .. so you don't have to worry high withdrawal limit...and overall staff is very attentive to your concerns/complains..

ICICI, unlimited ATM withdrawls from any bank's ATM, Online bill pay for mostly everything I use. GREAT ( sometime cumbersome) security system, only beef with them is too many password required, I keep changing them every week cause i forget which password is which.... , No debit card fees ever, no transcation charge HP petrol pumps.With Wells Fargo & USAA , I could take a picure of a cheque & send it to bank via their app, so that they deposit it for me... also if I give somebody a check they will have it scanned for me to see in transaction link