• Thread starter Thread starter ajuravi007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 1,748

ajuravi007

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
MUMBAI: India will have 1.2 million HD subscribers on DTH by the end of this fiscal, industry experts said here today.
Pricing is a sticky issue but aggressive marketing will push the demand for HD channels.
Demonstrating the success of Movies Now, Media Network and Distribution Network India CEO and MD Yogesh Radhakrishnan said the idea for an HD channel came in 2007. In 2009 the decision was made that Movies Now had to be taken across digital and analogue on the same feed. The analogue market is large and the channel looks better than competition even in this segment.

Indiantelevision.com's > Digital Edge>India to have 1.2 mn HD subscribers on DTH by fiscal-end

They need to start with giving more actual HD channels rather than that upscaled crap which is provided as HD right now... 🙁

Videocon d2h CEO Anil Khera said that his company was the last to launch DTH. "We missed the World Cup but launched before the IPL. We wanted all HD channels on our platform. We have reserved bandwidth for future HD channels."

Wow !!! We can expect more HD Channels sooner or later.

ya its on the way India to be no. 1 in using DTH in the world. I have 2 DTH and now moving for 3rd & early many of us more dth in a house. I have Dish TV (active & will shortly stop to subscribe) & D2H (inactive). I would now go for ADTV HD DVR or other DVR. Like this no doubt that India will No. 1 in the world about using DTH.Like mobile DTH also rocking in the country.

i don't have DTH! damn! 🙁

😀 :secret:

Adding HD channel is good but again it doesnot mean adding unwanted channel....I prefer quality channels rather quantity....as we are not going watch all the HD channels....I like sports HD channels and English Movie HD Channels more than anything else....its my opinion...

Absolutely correct bro. I wish HBO and PIX starts their HD transmission in India soon.

Since you are a D2H customer you are not missing Movies Now...but i am missing it being a TS customer...Its good to have Movie, Sports, Music, Infotainment HD channels rather than having Entertainment channels in HD...Put together in future i dont need more than 25-30 HD channels on board which consists of Sports, Movies, Music & Infotainment Channels.

That would be more than enough. Bcoz I usually watch 4-5 hrs of TV max. and In 4-5 hrs one can watch only 8-10 channels max. So, 25-30 would be a lot for people like me.

I agree with you - WE require 4-5 HD Sports Channels as, 2-3 Music pure Hindi HD Music Channels, 5-6 English HD Movie Channels...rest its upto the DTH what they want to add...