India Post Updates

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
For the benefit and convenience of its customers India Post has ventured to serve better by value addition to its core services. In an effort in this direction, Special Rakhi Envelopes are available for sale @ Rs. 7/- per Envelope in all the Post Offices in Delhi on the occasion of Raksha Bandhan falling on 2nd August, 2012.

The special features of these Rakhi Envelopes include excellent strength, tear resistant, light weight and elegant printability/hand written, available in size 11cms x 22 cms and in different colors. Size very ideal for any ideal size of Rakhi available in the market. The flaps are with Peel & Seal mechanism to protect Rakhi from damages. The word ‘RAKHI’ is written in English on left hand top on the front side with India Post Logo.

Sale of Special Rakhi Envelopes: A New Venture of India Post

India Post to install 3000 ATMs,1.35 lakh mirco-ATMs by Sepember 15 - The Economic Times
Even as its application to start a commercial bank is pending, India Post has drawn a massive plan to install as many as 3,000 ATMs and 1.35 lakh micro-ATMs at the ubiquitous post offices across the country for savings account holders by September 2015, a top official has said. "We will be starting with three ATMs to be installed in New Delhi, Chennai and Bangalore on February 5 and then ramp it up gradually," postal department secretary Padmini Gopinath told a select group of reporters here over the weekend. She said 1,000 ATMs with the India Post branding will be put in within the first year, which will be ramped up massively to 3,000 in the next 18 months.
They seem to have more than 26 crore account holders!

Why don't all PSU banks and India post have a tie up and have common ATM's. Less expense and less headache for the customers as well.

India Post open to e-commerce prospects | Business Line

As tier-II and III cities in India open up more to electronic retailing, India Post wants to exploit this opportunity by providing e-commerce players last mile connectivity to their customers.
India Post (also known as Department of Posts) wants to restructure/re-build its parcel network, operations and delivery set up to meet the needs of e-commerce players to cater to their need for transportation and delivery of parcels/packets.

Cannot wait for Indian Post to deliver broken up products to your doorsteps because the only mode of transport available to postmen is their bicycle.

Consider a scenario where the postman tells an e-tailer sir aaj 10 hi parcel ho payenge baaki kal bhajena 🙂

Few weeks back my passport was supposed to arrive by post. But since my house was locked postman left note to collect it. Time was mentioned from 9 to 11 AM. But I went at 12:30 PM. Guy at post office (without looking up at me) just asked if I read time on note. Then I noticed time. Then he said that post is again sent, I may receive same day. I waited whole day, and finally at 3:30 PM, postman arrived. First question postman asked (as if he is my teacher) that did I receive note. I said yes, then (again in same tone) why I didnt go to post office to collect passport. I said I went but post was already sent. Then he handed envelope to me. Then with smile ask to give something as "bakshish". I was hesitant, but handed Rs 20, and he left.
Now consider what postman would expect if you start getting many orders from Flipkart, keep aside some amount as Bakshish for postman 😀

And when the festivals like Diwali are near they delay a few days so they can ask Bakshish for Diwali.

I am just happy that my cheques from Google etc. do not come through Indian Post. In fact, all of them have pretty much switched to online transfers which is quite awesome.

google switched to online transfer? they used to used send the cheque through blue dart & online transfer wasnt available in India .till few months back .